Buying in China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying in China

Right - im going to Beijing / Shanghai soon on business, and will have a few days to chill out and go shopping. I am wondering how much gadgets cost out there?

Is it a cheap place to pic up a GB Micro / Ipod Nano / PSP, or should i be thinking more along the lines of chairman mao lighters and other trinkety stuff?

thanks

Thanks for moving this here mods....i expect exactly *NO* replies.

I believe this particular thread is now in the forum basement, at the bottom of a locked filing cabinet with a sign on it saying "beware of the leopard".

I go in 5 days d*mmit!

Comment

chill man.It will get answered.Never been to bejing of shanghai,so i can't say myself.

Comment

As it's China, just be aware of fake stuff.

Comment

Stuff I picked up there that was cheaper:

80 laptop hard disk
          Graphics card 6800GT
          most pc components
          chinese brand consumer electronics, dvd players etc. (shinko is probably the best of the lot)
          sony batteries (for mini disk players, dv cams)
          clothes
          FOOD!!!!

Stuff that I noticed was a lot more expensive:

Legit Games and consoles
          Legit dvds nearly double
          Mobile phones
          most Japanese brand consumer electronics
          anything thats not made in china!

Enjoy the restaurants, Wang Fu Jing near the embassy distict is a lot of fun, you can watch crazy people eating scorpions!!?...

Anyway Enjoy it is an amazing place,

Comment

Thanks for the info MiG.

I was being facaetious above the thread probably lacked a or above - sarcasm doesnt come across to well in text.

Damn, i had my heart set on a cheap Micro! (i cant bring myself to pay ?100 for one here...)

Comment

You might get lucky in Shanghai, the prices are closer to Hong Kong which is pretty good, I picked up a new SP in Hong Kong for about ?34.

But my local Gamestation has the GB Micro for ?69 not ?100??

Comment

Is it out here yet? I was looking at Game Focus off the Tottenham Court Road and they were ?100 for imports a month or two ago.

Comment

Working...
                X