Dead pixels on DS - what to do???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead pixels on DS - what to do???

Does anyone know if Ninty will replace a DS which has a few dead pixels on the touch screen? They're in a quite annoying place and are very noticeable but I can't seem to get anywhere on the support section of their website.

Thanks,

Mike.

Ring them, i thought they did though.

Comment

But you know right,that virtually everything LCD based has dead pixells,i don't know,is it a big deal for you???

Who did you buy from,ask them if they will replace it for you?

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Yip, I know every LCD has dead pixels (been in IT for many many years), but this one has a few in very prominent positions on the touch screen so its a pain to play with.

Comment

Let us know how you get on ascender, my gf got a DS this week and there is a dead pixel on the touch screen about 1 inch in and 1 inch up on the screen so its a bit annoying but only cause were pickey

Comment

Nintendo will swap if there are any dead pixels, you should just be able to take it back to the shop

Comment

Just called GAME there, the boy said there was something in DS's that possibly "settled" dead pixels after a wee while?!?!?!?!

He said if the unit still has a dead pixel after 14 days then I can take it back to em and they will just swap the unit

The settling sounds like p1sh but who knows maybe its true

Comment

Sounds like rubbish to me, my launch machine has one right in the corner of the top screen (not a problem thankfully) and it's still there after nearly a year.

Comment

Yeah im thinking it was a pants excuse ill take it back next week coz it probs will still be there

Comment

I actually contacted Nintendo UK on Thursday about a pixel issue on my DS, one that I thought I could live with earlier in the year but has since proved to be increasingly frustrating as my DS games library grows.

As I am still within a year of purchase they seemed all to happy to remedy the problem and I got a prompt reply back from them the following day. I'll be sending my DS off to them (boxed with a copy of my purchase receipt) this week so with luck it will not take too long to get my one back fixed, or an entirely new model [I'd assume the former]...

I'll post again when I've anything to say about how quick their service is. If you've just purchased your DS though, Mike, it may be best to take it back to the retailer first. If you do want to deal with Nintendo directly on the matter you need to contact their customer service centre:

Nintendo Service Centre
                    Codestorm House
                    Walton Road
                    Farlington
                    Hampshire
                    PO6 1TR

Tel -- 0870 6060 247
                    [email protected]

Comment

Sorry for the delay on posting again.

I only managed to get my DS off to Nintendo UK last Thursday. They took delivery on Friday and I just received my replacement this morning (Tuesday) via Parcel Force so all in all a superb turnaround.

Basically I sent just my DS in its original box, plus my purchase receipt, and they replaced the console - serial number is totally different - and sent it back in the same box (and enclosed my original receipt which was nice to have back). There's also a fresh stylus in the port on the console so I've now got a third to add to the original two that came with it which is handy. Both screens are pristine, without a scratch or any kind of pixel problem.

In summary I can heartily recommend contacting Nintendo's UK Customer Service if you have any problems with the DS within a year of purchase.

Comment

Tesco's took mine (with 2 dead pixels) back no trouble, I just said it was faulty and they didn't even get it out of the box, just swapped it over

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss
                          Tesco's took mine (with 2 dead pixels) back no trouble, I just said it was faulty and they didn't even get it out of the box, just swapped it over
                          So now you have 2 DSs and they have a box with half a housebrick in

Comment

nah, I was honest on that occassion.

Comment

It's funny how people were making such a fuss over the PSP and dead pixels, as I've had two now (black launch machine & white one) and neither has had a single dead / stuck pixel. I'm now on my 3rd DS and it's got a stuck pixel on it.

First one had to be shipped off to USA, and after three weeks without it, the import shop just sent me a UK machine to replace it. This had a stuck pixel dead centre on the top screen, and after taking it back today, I've got one on the bottom screen. This is the worst one as it's red and shows up on everything. (the other two were blue and didn't really show up unless the screen was black)

Mario Kart came yesterday, so I really don't want to have to send it off to Nintendo and be without it once again. I was surprised at just how much I actually ended up missing the machine when it was being sent off to USA.

Comment

Working...
                              X