snes 60hz flickering problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

snes 60hz flickering problem?

hi, was just wondering if anybody else has this problem, i've searched all i can and found nothing

bought a pal snes about a week ago, i've taken it all to bits, cleaned it, fitted a 50/60hz switch and a chip lock switch to the back and widened the cartridge port to fit US games, all of which works wonderfully except on a couple of games

super mario world (pal) if you leave the game running on the title screen you get lost of screen flicker, mainly in the background, once in game it seems to play fine

mario allstars, playing mario 1, i get the same thing, lots of background flicker in game

all the other games i've tried work fine except mario kart which i expected because of the dsp chip

just wanted to confirm this was just an issue with the above pal games running at 60hz or if i should recheck my soldering?

In my experience Mario Allstars flickers because it's not designed to be run at 60Hz, so yes, you have confirmation that the PAL cartridge simply isn't meant to work when not run at 50Hz. Your SNES is fine.

Comment

thanks, figured it would be that as it's only a few games that do it but it's the first time i have modded a snes so wanted to check i had'nt screwed it up slightly

Comment

Working...
      X