Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US 360 on UK Live?

As per title really,
    due to been let down by play.com ive had to cancel my preorder.
    however by a stroke of luck work are sending me to new york on the 1st of december,so the plan is to get a US 360,will I be able to use this online when I get back?
    thanks

I see no reason why not. I have used my original US Xbox for Live over here for years no probs.

Comment

cheers mate
      i was just hoping that they hadn't changed anything that I was not already aware of.
      ta

Comment

I haven't been into import gaming for long, i have a US Gamecube, and a chipped UK PS2 but all the games i get for it are US-NTSC. I was thinking for the next generation that i might just get PAL machines as the release dates are closer and the prices are comparable, the reasons seem to be getting smaller. What reasons are there for getting the next generation of machines and their games imported ?

Comment

well

1. no mod chips out yet to play all region games
          2. price
          3. extras and limited editions
          4. i can easily get machine + games

Comment

If the UK release of the PS3 is a year behind the Japan one, like the PSP was, then that's a reason. With the 360 a PAL version is a reasonable option, although until release, we don't know what options they might leave out and stunt it. Like the Prog Scan missing from the UK Xbox.

Comment

Good points, thanks guys. I haven't pre-ordered and am in no rush due to the every increasing mountain of unplayed games so i'll hold fire and see what happens

Comment

"Kameo?: Elements of Power

Developer: Rare

Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
                Kameo?: Elements of Power

Genre: Action

Release Date: TBD

Console: Xbox 360

HDTV Support: No HDTV support

?59.99"

He he! If that ISN'T a typo then it looks like you have reason enough

(BTW, if you switch your locale to USA and then look at the page for the same game, you'll see "HDTV 720p" and "$49.99" respectively. Probably just slip-ups though, I doubt Europe would get screwed over that badly again this generation - but I still don't trust PAL video games and will never buy any again).
                Last edited by Lyris; 25-10-2005, 15:18.

Comment

how can you mistakenly type NO in front of somat?
                  hope this is just a spazz out and not the shape of things to come.

Comment

That line has now been removed, which doesn't put my mind at ease one little bit!

EDIT: well it appears every region is has something different with the Xbox sites. But worryingly the price has remained the same.
                    Last edited by fahrenheit; 25-10-2005, 22:44.

Comment

All other Euro countries have the 59.99 Euros price. If they seriously do mean to charge 59.99 E and 59.99 pounds respectively, the press will have a field day about "rip off Britain" this Christmas.

Comment

yep, if thats true price then there won't be many sales this christmas. pricing anything above 40 quid is silly

Comment

Working...
                        X