Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, a few q's re. LCD screens and my consoles

Hi,

Planning to get a LE32R41BX Samsung LCD.

Now I am wondering a few things, amd will list them to make it easier to read.

1. I have a chipped PAL Xbox (not sure what the chip is but its one of the first one that came out) and it plays any region games etc.
    Can this run in 480p, 720p etc? and what cable should I use(component)?

2. I have a US Gamecube, all US games, How do I make this work in progresive scan mode and again, do I use a Componet cable for best image quality?

3. PS2, heard that the image is not so hot on the LCD, but would a componet cable be the best option and can this run in a higher mode (like prog scan?)

4. I have a Jap DC, is the VGA the best way to connect this? and is VGA better than Component? Its just, I cant imagine my images getting better that my CD through a VGA on an 19 crt monitor!

Thanks in advance,

Adam

also, sorry for the huge questions, but I have serched but as all this cable/LCD stuff is a huge step up for me (used to CRT and RGB at best!) I just want to make sure I know whats what!

Comment

1. Set the Xbox to NTSC & use Component
      2. Component (Zelda looks superb)
      3. Component (probably, I don't have a PS2)
      4. only ever used VGA on DC

Comment

Originally posted by bignige
        1. Set the Xbox to NTSC & use Component
        2. Component (Zelda looks superb)
        3. Component (probably, I don't have a PS2)
        4. only ever used VGA on DC

thanks mate

Comment

another thing,

I have a component cable for the Xbox, and when I get the LCD tv, how do I switch between normal, 480P, 720P??

Comment

If you're running in NTSC video and have the component cable connected, you should find all the HD/prog options magically appear in roughly the same place as the 60Hz option does for the PAL machine.

Comment

Also, to get the dashboard running in high def, after checking the 3 hidef resolutions, click in the 2 triggers and the 2 thumbsticks to enable it

Comment

Working...
              X