Rewiring a Dual Shock pad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rewiring a Dual Shock pad?

In a nutshell, I wanna make L1 L2 and vice versa. Currently I'm sitting here with a dismantled dual shock 1.

Anyone know the simplest way to rewire these two buttons? (The things I'll do for pro evo on xbl).

Yod@ told me it is impossible to do it. But you are not the only one who suffer this problem.

Thank you Konami.

Comment

I think you asked me about something different Legendary - like swapping the analogue stick functions over or something. It's not impossible, but can be very tricky.

IIRC the layout of the Dual Shock 1 makes it easier to work with than the DS2, but I don't have a DS1 handy to look at.

Are you using a DS1 or DS2, Thurrabred?
      If it's a DS2, you'll see that the L1/L2 connections travel up the flat ribbon cable to the main board. From there, they go to a small processing chip - you'd need to swap those connections over by cutting the traces and reconnecting them with crossed wires (either soldering directly to the traces, or by soldering link wires directly from the ribbon connector to the pins on the chip). Then you'd have to do the same for R1/R2.

If it's a DS1 you may find it easier to do (PS1 digital pads have a separate 3-wire ribbon cable for the L1/L2 and R1/R2 buttons which makes it a simple matter to reverse the connections). If the DS1 has the same design, then you're laughing.

Comment

It's a DS1, but it looks more like your description of the DS2. I'll have to upload a pic of it in its dismantled state tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
        X