Recommend me an arcade stick for tekken 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend me an arcade stick for tekken 5

Just picked up the game pal and i already realise i need an arcade stick for this. tapping buttons quickly is a bit of a nuisance on a pad. so any recommendations?

Can't beat the HORI Soul Calibur 2 stick in my opinion, although you'll have a hard job finding it these days Maybe try the new SC3 stick if you've got money to spare.

Comment

As mr_sockochris already mentioned, there is the Soul Calibur 2 stick (Hori): green buttons and ball, black casing with SC2 artwork, 2 rows, each 3 buttons, yellow start & select buttons

And there is the Namco arcade stick (Hori): small and flat grey casing, 6 yellow buttons, 2 rows, each 3 buttons, tiny start & select buttons

I think those two are the most common arcade sticks to be found on eBay within Europe.
      If you are willing to import you can chose from much greater selection of sticks, e.g. the Tekken 5 / Soul Calibur 3 sticks, the "Hori Real Arcade Pro Stick" (RAP) and so on ...
      All three sticks seem to be built very similar and just have different colours and artwork. I have not played one yet, but they are said to be very good.

If you want the absolut best quality you can order the original Sanwa arcade parts and build your own stick. That?s what I did and I?m quite happy with the result, although it doesn?t look very fancy. Check out Himura Amusements to get an overview how much the different parts cost. The service there is also very good. (it?s based in the US)

Edit:
      I forgot, you can also buy the original Dreamcast arcade stick and get a DC -> PS2 adapter. The problem is that some of these adapter tend to produce "lag", which can be very annoying and ruin the whole experience.
      Last edited by Balou; 31-10-2005, 11:37.

Comment

Working...
      X