usa Xbox with dammaged PSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

usa Xbox with dammaged PSU

Hi got a imported usa PSU with a dammaged psu (smoke comming out when running) and was wondering if it is alright to use a psu for a uk xbox on it? the xbox mobo inside is a v1.6

Yes you will be fine with a UK replacement, but I think with a v1.6 motherboard you are limited to staying with a v1.6 powersupply.

Comment

fahrenheit's correct - you'll need to find a replacement V1.6 PSU.
      A V1.2-1.5 PSU will have the same physical connector, but wired up differently.

Comment

that kewl think i saw one on lik sang ta for the help chaps

Comment

Speaking from experience, and I sure others would agree, you really don't want to get yourself a third party one for your box. There always seem to be a few offiicial MS supplies on Ebay and that's what I suggest you get.

I myself killed my US machines power supply many months back and got a third party replacement which never worked. Later I got an official one off Ebay which has been great up until recently - but I think I know what's wrong with it and it can be fixed - though I have a 1.0 machine and the power supplies for that have known issues so you should be more than fine with a new official 1.6 supply.

HTH

Comment

Working...
          X