Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extracting files from a disc image

Hi guys,
    How do I extract particlar files from a disc image without having to burn it to disc?
    I was told to get isobuster, but have tried it and haven't made any progress.
    Anyone know a good app with explorer-like GUI that I can just choose what I want, instead of wasting discs burning images?
    Thanks.

What type of image is it? In general mounting it on Daemon tools will let you browse the contents in explorer and copy what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo
      I was told to get isobuster, but have tried it and haven't made any progress.
      How come your didn't make any progress? I use it all the time to extract files from physical discs and images. Works wonderfully.

Comment

It's an .iso file.

Yeh for some reason isobuster sits and tries to read/load the file for a bit then says it's unreadable.
        I'll try daemon tools again, I was sure I'd loaded it into that but it was getting upset.

Comment

WinRAR will do it as well.
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I'm not sure if it'll do what you want, but CDMage is a good tool too.

Comment

WinRAR will do that? Really? Wow.
              And if that doesn't work CDMage is next.
              Thanks guys.

Comment

Yep I use WinRAR to extract files from ISOs I get...
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Sane
                  What type of image is it? In general mounting it on Daemon tools will let you browse the contents in explorer and copy what you want.
                  Really, listen to this man - Daemon Tools is the dude for this kind of thing.

Comment

Daemon Tools is good for mounting an image on a virtual drive but ISOBuster allows you to extract files that would otherwise be hidden in Windows Explorer.

Strange that it didn't work with your file though. If both ISOBuster & Daemon are having problems reading the file though I'd say the image is the problem, not the tools.

Comment

Working...
                    X