Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need advice, quick if possible, but a answer is grateful at anytime...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need advice, quick if possible, but a answer is grateful at anytime...

I bought my brother a dvd from ebay last week and it arrived today, i knew it was a copy as it is the rare let it be dvd, i've only ever seen it on bootlegs for about 5 or so years.

When i put the dvd in the player the signal changes to black and white
    Can i buy a lead like you do for ntsc colour on consoles, or would i need a different dvd player, or of course a different dvd...

Any help is appreciated, brother is coming round for 12, but it isn't the end of the world of course, but if it is just a lead thing, i can tell him what we need to do.

Thank you, Darren.

Silly question, but are you using a full-on RGB Scart cable with your player?

Comment

Yeah, a fully wired RGB scart cable should do it. Make sure the Player is set to RGB output too.

Comment

Thank you both for help

Dvd played fine on my brothers dvd, so i guess we just don't have a rgb on the one downstairs (i use my ps2 here in my bedroom)
        All is good in the end, Darren.

Comment

its probably outputting a ntsc signal

as stated a nice scart lead will sort that out

what was the dvd btw?

Comment

You need a TV that is NTSC compatible. An RGB scart cable won't make a jot of difference.

Comment

Originally posted by gossi the dog
              You need a TV that is NTSC compatible. An RGB scart cable won't make a jot of difference.
              Yes it will, its the preffered and cheaper option

Comment

I'm pretty sure to watch NTSC DVD's you need a TV that is NTSC compatible. It's not like with games consoles where provided your TV supports 60Hz in some form you can get NTSC games to work with an RGB Scart lead.

Comment

^ My DVD has an RGB option in the setup. When selected all films, NTSC & PAL will be played in RGB.

As long as the TV will support 60Hz the picture will be in colour. Obviously you need an RGB wired scart lead too.

Comment

Does the PS2 output an RGB signal for DVDs? I thought it just gave you a green screen.

Comment

I think the newer ones including all of the slimline models have done away with that. Such a horrible limitation back in the day.

Comment

Hi Jason, the film is Let it be by the beatles, which is magnificent, i watched it years ago many times.

Ok, i got this to play on my ps2, the picture was green, but on my rgb there is a little switch and this changes the signal to colour, but makes no difference as this was for my brother! and it plays in colour for him, and that is the main thing.

Thanks for all the help anway.

Comment

Well that switch just changes the signal to composite which is not as splendid as RGB. But as you say, it doesn't matter.

Comment

Working...
                          X