Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSP Question (That has probably been asked before, sorry...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP Question (That has probably been asked before, sorry...)

I've resisted too long, i can't fight it anymore, I think I'm gonna go buy one soon.

I want to be able to use homebrew etc, I know there is a downgrade proggie to get it back to 1.5, but what are my chances of the one I buy being 2.5 firmware, cos I believe you can't downgrade that?

Also, what is the right kind of price to pay for a 1GB stick, any links?

I fought this urge for nearly 3 months now, I just can't fight it anymore.

Memory

Comment

If you don't like using eBAY you can try
      www.emartbuy.com
      ?50.18 in total for recorded delivery (only insured up to ?28 though)
      or
      ?53.18 in total for Initial City Link.

On a another note - you could wait for PSP Giga Pack (21st November), which consists of PSP Value Pack +1GB stick +PSP stand for ?214.99.
      However, I'd be very suprised if it didn't come with 2.5, as this is probably Sony's reasoning behind the package.

Comment

So if my local currys had one in stock tonight, what are the chances it'd be 2.5

Furthermore what are the chances that in the future 2.5 will be cracked?

Comment

i dont think any retail ones are higher than 1.51,maybe even 1.5.

just every game has it's own demands of firmware. just dont bother with gta.

Comment

Hmm, how sure are you of that? Surely the new models (since "we are sold out around the country") would be 2.5 as standard now?

I was told by my local indie I could have his last 1.5 jap for ?200, since he was about to upgrade it to 2.5 for a customer so they could play GTA. I told him to poke it and he said "Its probably your last chance to get a 1.5 model mate" (this was after a lengthy chat about how good the emulation stuff looked).

I walked out chuckling to myself at his ignorance.

The internet, use it you penis warmer...(is what I thought)

So by your theory I could buy one from wherever and just upgrade to 2.0 to play some games I've bought (or will buy) like Ridge, wipeout, fifa etc. Then downgrade to play emu's again.

Comment

Working...
            X