Katamari 1 or 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Katamari 1 or 2?

Are they significantly different? I've played the first one for 15mins and not tried the 2nd one. Which should I get?

I havnt play 1 or 2, but i hear that the 2nd isnt much diffrent to the 1st if that helps.

Comment

So 2 is just bigger and better? Any chance of a US release for the 2nd?

Comment

Know idea, but i presume you know EA are giving it a pal release?, i would've thought the us would get it too?

Comment

Katamari 2 is already out on US

Comment

i have them both, and personally i'd say the first is better. Better songs, better game structure, more classic stages.

although the 2nd is more wacky, and has some great stages too, and some original twists that you won't find in the first.

You should get them both, but if you only gonna have one, then get the first. The japanese text is no hindrance, as it's more or less very logical where you are to proceed next, and what the goal is. Also, there are probably translations on gameFAQs etc.

I most certainly have the fondest memories from the 1st, and that's not only because it was a new experience. the 2nd was a little bit letdown in the stage design, but still very fun.

Comment

You owe it to yourself to get both!

The thing that makes the game is it's music and crazy levels, and they are excellent in both. If I had to choose, I would say go with 1, the soundtrack is slightly better.

Comment

Working...
              X