poor prog scan video output from crystal xbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

poor prog scan video output from crystal xbox

Got a weird problem with both my crystal xboxes. One of them chip modded and the other soft modded. Basically the prog scan output is poor. But using the same setup and leads, a mates 3 year old xbox gives a perfect picture.

When i say poor, on the crystal ones there is a distinct shimmer to the image on my lcd tv. Its not the tv though as my ps2 and old black xbox give a flawless image.

Any ideas or has anyone even heard of this?

(im guessing im gona have to buy an old black xb 2nd hand from game/gs, soft mod it to test and return it if its no good).

Have you manually switched your TV to display RGB instead of composite? The other cables you're using might be autoswitching whereas this one might be leaving your TV in composite mode instead of RGB.

Comment

Its definite 480 and 720p mate, the tv reports it and its unmistakably in those modes. Its literally down to my 2 individual xboxes.

Comment

from what I read later xbox use different encoding chip and apparently it's causing some compatibility issue...

old v1.0 xbox has no such problem by the way... and even v1.5

Comment

im going to have to find myself an old xbox then. curses. is there any serial number or other clue i should be looking for on the machines?

Comment

don't think so but first two years would be the safe bet me think...
            by the way I built a green crystal xbox using bits of junk parts I have when I get hold of v1.0 US M/Board from eG@y so it's not impossible...

Comment

thanks mate. il get looking...i might have some at work i can loan and test actually. fingers crossed..will not play on my xbox until the picture is perfect!

Comment

Working...
              X