The ARGOS Multi-SCART Adapter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ARGOS Multi-SCART Adapter?

I've tried using this on a couple of occasions after recommendations from mates, but each time I have tried it I noticed a mark decrease in the quality of the signal - particularly from Sky.

I'm curious that the reason for this might be the cable I am using to go from the adapter from the TV not being fully RGB compatible? I use pretty high quality cables (Don't ask me which precisely, I'm not that heavily into this all) too.

Has anyone else used these with good results? Any tips? Thanks in advance.

Mine has always worked fine, except for the short while that I had one of the signal pass buttons down.

With the buttons as the front of the machine, the ones on the left-hand side allow you to pass a signal from one of the inputs to the one you'd be wiring a VCR into. Try and tap the one that isn't pressed down lightly, and you'll end up with neither of them pressed. Hey presto, no more bleed. Make sure you've got the RGB button pressed as well, obviously- it stops the composite channel getting in the way.

I've just got those burgundy HT cables they seem to sell everywhere - I forget the name of the brand. Work fine, in any case.

Comment

Curious... well the splitters WITH the cable built in to go to the TV should be avoided and the ones where you need to supply the cable should be used (as I believe you are). I had your problem but using the built in one. Once I changed over, no problem. Probably is a cable somewhere along the line. Mind you, I'm using gold plated connectors up the wazoo in my setup
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Mine works fine I use it with the
        Hitachi 1.5m OFC Scart to Scart Lead.
        Price ?12.99
        Cat.No. 534/1094
        Also form Argos, can you not borrow someone elses scart cable to see if it is that?

Comment

Mine al works fine.

I have a daisy chain of three of them running.

My set up goes... (Deep breath)

Digital into DVD into scart box 1 along with the Modded Jap Cube and Xbox.

This goes into Scart Box three along with the DC and PS2.

This then links into the third one along with the N64 and a connection to the video so i can record anything from the other two sources by tapping one of the record buttons on the left of the box.

This third one goes into the back of the TV.

I also sometimes use a Second RGB scart from my Digital into the second scart socket on the TV and switch them both to S-Video - hey voila! Much better picture.

The only time i get any bleed from the digital is if the composite N64 lead is anywhere else in the mix other than where it is now. Seems to interfere somehow when the yellow Video lead is connected.

Maybe that's the problem you're getting.

Comment

So it would appear then that the box itself is unlikely to be the problem?

Mine is (was) setup thus.......

Sky Digital > DVD > SCART Box
            PAL Xbox > SCART Box
            Switched PAL PS2 > SCART Box
            Switched US GCN > S-Video (Connected on demand)
            US DC > S-Video (Connected on demand)

SCART Box > TV SCART 1 (RGB)
            VCR > TV SCART 2
            PAL N64 > TV SCART 3

The cable I used to connect between the SCART Box and the TV is from Argos, this cable to be precise, and the SCART box in question is this one.

So I shouldn't have any problems then it seems?

Comment

I had the exact same problem. Those two buttons next to the RGB on/off switch need both to be up. That'll sort you out.

Comment

Cheers all, I'll give it a try.

Comment

Yep, agree with SK. Make sure the RGB button is down, and the two to the right of it are up
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Indeed- thats what I was trying to say at first; made a right hash of the explanation, though.

Comment

Maplin have a decent RGB SCART splitter on offer at the moment

MK36P Scart Switch Now Half Price at Only ?9.99!

A switch box providing an easy method of coupling a TV up to three separate items of ancillary video equipment using Peritel (SCART) video and audio connectors. With the TV plugged into the ?TELEVISION? outlet socket and set to the A/V or SCART input mode, any one of three inputs can be selected for viewing using the latch-button selector bank on the right-hand side of the front panel (?1?, ?2?, ?3?). These can be VCRs, satellite receivers, camcorders or computers having SCART standard composite video and sound output. The first two input sockets on the switch box are labelled ?VCR-1? and ?VCR-2?, while the third is labelled ?VCR-3 / SATELLITE/ COMPUTER?. In addition signals from either input socket 2 or 3 can be recorded by a VCR on socket 1 using the left-hand switch bank if required. Left and right audio output for Hi-Fi or stereo from the selected channel is also available via two output phono sockets. Please note not RGB compatible.The unit is housed in a black case with a non-slip foam base. Overall dimensions: (W) x 130(D) x 45(H)mm.
                      ?9.99!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chadruharazzeb
                        Maplin have a decent RGB SCART splitter on offer at the moment

....In addition signals from either input socket 2 or 3 can be recorded by a VCR on socket 1 using the left-hand switch bank if required. Left and right audio output for Hi-Fi or stereo from the selected channel is also available via two output phono sockets. Please note not RGB compatible.The unit is housed in a black case with a non-slip foam base. Overall dimensions: (W) x 130(D) x 45(H)mm.
                        Doesn't look like it is RGB then...

Comment

Hmm that's odd, the one's in the shops definitely are RGB, I was checking them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadruharazzeb
                            Hmm that's odd, the one's in the shops definitely are RGB, I was checking them out.

I got one of them. Only one input, number 3 is RGB.

Comment

Working...
                            X