Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N64 question

Right might be a easy one this but here goes,

when i bought my first US N64, it came with a Scart lead, almost identical to the one i have now with my US 64, but when i had the console the first time around all the games were in colour, but now there all in black and white. I know my TV can accept NTSC signal because ive run it on there before.

any ideas?? is there a cable that will solve this??
    Last edited by Margoos; 20-11-2005, 09:36.

You may need an RGB Scart lead. Thats what happened with my Modded PS2. The RGB Lead looks identical to the normal scart, but will allow NTSC games to be displayed in colour.

PS. If Im wrong, someone wiser will correct me

Comment

The US N64 afaik only outputs Composite and S-Video, and it sounds like your TV doesnt support NTSC 3.38.

My bet is the original N64 was internally modified to RGB and thats why it was in colour, or you had a Composite/RGB converter cable which appeared early on in the N64's life, they normally had a small box that had "Ultra 64" wrote on it, but apart from that looked the same as the cable in the ebay link.

Comment

Yeah the cable i had had ultra 64 on it.

does anyone know where i can get hold of one of these cables ???

Comment

best bet it to ask on here or maybe try ebay, doubt they will be easy to find though. Your best bet is to get it RGB modified, as you will get a better picture aswell then.

Where as that converter cable gave a crappy composite picture

Comment

Working...
          X