Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Famicom - can I just use my PAL NES AC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Famicom - can I just use my PAL NES AC?

Finally got a Super Famicom. I was going to use a PAL NES ac adaptor rather than getting a step down for it. Just want to make sure that this will be okay. I know the GCN and N64 ac power units work with all systems. Is the case with SNES/ SFC ? And will my PAL NES adapter do the trick? (NES = SNES ac supply?)

SNES Power Output: 10V DC, 850 mA (NTSC), 9V AC (PAL)

Does the 1 volt difefrence make a difference?

If I was to get a step down can someone give me a link to a play-asia or lik-sang item that will do the job.

Thanks

_ oh and does the SFC support S-video? If yes Ill use my N64 av.

Nope, the super famicom won't work with a super nes psu. The 1 vold makes no difference, but the AC - DC difference does matter.

Also, connect the super famicom using a scart RGB cable, much much better than crappy s-video.

Comment

Someone told me the PAL megadrive AC works with the super famicom. True?

I have NFI when it comes to electricity basics. Whats teh difference between AC and DC?

Comment

Honestly, don't mix PSUs between Megadrive and SNES, or cross-territores.
        It's not worth the risk.

Comment

I use a PAL MD1 adaptor with my SFC, I think quite a few people on here do with no trouble.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by hellbelly
            I use a PAL MD1 adaptor with my SFC, I think quite a few people on here do with no trouble.

Pete
            Well I have a MD PAL adapter but it says 9 volts not 10. Just wonder if that's an issue. To my knowledge PAL MD adapter's come in 9 & 10 volt varieties. Odd....

Comment

Working...
            X