Xbox samsung dvd rom problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox samsung dvd rom problems

i've got a 2nd hand samsung dvd rom that isnt reading discs.

i've opened the dvd drive up and watched what it does when you power it on with a disc in. basically all i get is a little jolt on the sipndle (round thing in the middle which the disc sits on?) and no laser action.

anyone any ideas?

also, just to let you know that i've tested it in my personal xbox which has got a samsung drive that is working perfectly.

Is it a new Samsung? (manufactured in 2004). They are regarded as one of the worst drives unlike their older counterparts which are held in high regard. I have an older Samsung and even though it reads everything I throw at it, it has developed a very annoying rattle.

Comment

You can get a new Thompson one here but I don't know if it's worth it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenheit
        Is it a new Samsung? (manufactured in 2004). They are regarded as one of the worst drives unlike their older counterparts which are held in high regard. I have an older Samsung and even though it reads everything I throw at it, it has developed a very annoying rattle.
        i think it very well could be, im just wondering if anyone could say what to check....broken solder tracks etc.

Originally posted by vertigo
        You can get a new Thompson one here but I don't know if it's worth it or not.
        how do the thompson ones do with backup discs and such? seems a bit pricey.

Comment

Haven't got a clue mate, I just saw it earlier while looking at something else.

Comment

Working...
          X