Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimmie2k
    Quake 2 is pretty good to be fair.
    Also a good laugh is Beetle adventure racing. Although I'm not sure how well it's aged.
    BAR was a right laugh, I thought about a million times better than SF Rush. Did you know that in Australia they changed some logo graphics and called it Holden Adventure Racing instead, coz Aussies are majorly into their Holdens (actually just a rebadged Vauxhall though if you tell them that they get extremely defensive, which is hilarious) and they thought it'd sell better there with the rebranding.

112: Yeh, seriously, I tried quite a few on different handling and control modes and still encountered the same problem that would crop up every now and then and eventually it pissed me off so much that I gave up.

I finished Diddy Kong Racing in both forward and backward modes back in the day Not much else to do in mid-winter when you live with your parents.

Comment

Diddy kong was great. At the time. Not sure how it would hold up now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian(not Ian)
        Every wipEout fan should own wipEout 64. It bests the PS1 games imo.
        That is ace onthe N64 and way better than the letdown that was F-Zero X , Just a same is didn't have the CD drive for the music.
        I think most N64 games are still more than playable.

I'm loving going back through Star Fox, Wave Race, Pioltwings at the mo. And Turok II still to this impresses me, as does the undrrated Forsaken . Iguana really did now how to push the N64

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo
          I finished Diddy Kong Racing in both forward and backward modes back in the day Not much else to do in mid-winter when you live with your parents.

**** me that was hard. Many a curse playing that damn game. I seem to remember racing a blue Octopus that had me stuck for months!

Comment

The coin challenges in Hard mode had me swearing very quietly, for fear of a good slapping from my mum, but yes, did I swear

Oh and yes! Forsaken 64! What an absolutely excellent game. Mad props for Iguana from this direction too.

Comment

The World Is Not Enough - Quite a good FPS, in a similar vein to Goldeneye (Obviously) with a decent multi-player which can be a laugh.

The first Wizpig race in the cart, took me a while to do and had me cursing like a trooper!

Comment

mariokart 64 has aged horribly when i played it not so long ago.

of couse mario 64, goldeneye, and ISS 98, i also played recently and really enjoyed. And mario tennis = videogame perfection, makes you wonder how the hell did they manage to screwed up the GC sequal?

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel007
                  The first Wizpig race in the cart, took me a while to do and had me cursing like a trooper!
                  Heh, yes, memorising the zipper locations and using the extra boost technique (let go of the accelerator) on them was key to clocking it properly

Comment

Looking through other N64 games in my collection I still enjoy:

Lylat Wars - The GameCube versions just don't do it for me and this is just as enjoyable as ever - even more so with my new TV. Anyone else noticed the similarity between Mizar and the Metroid Prime Boss.

Jet Force Gemini - Mizar is still Rock Hard until you master his patterns, get caught in his electricity ray though and you're done for. Multi-player is a right hoot, Car Racing even though simplistic is dead addictive and so is the shooting range against a mate.

Mission: Impossible - Quite enjoyable missions - love the Amassador level where you have to knock him out and then face maker him, and that assassin lady in the red dress.

Comment

no one's mentioned Paper Mario one of the greatest N64 games and just as playable today as the GC version. I remember getting the last one of three copies my local EB got in.

Sin & Punishment is also worth tracking down It to the enternal shame of Nintendo and Treasure that this fantastic game did not get a western release. It even has English voices for flips sake.

Comment

no one's mentioned Paper Mario one of the greatest N64 games and just as playable today as the GC version. I remember getting the last one of three copies my local EB got in.

Sin & Punishment is also worth tracking down It to the enternal shame of Nintendo and Treasure that this fantastic game did not get a western release. It even has English voices for flips sake.

Comment

double post GAH

Comment

Working...
                          X