Filling DS touch screen scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filling DS touch screen scratches

Can anyone recommend any product I could use to get rid of scratches on my DS? Somehow I've made 2 really big ones in the last week or so and they feel horrible when I run over them with the stylus. There's pda products with a similiar function but I don't know what would be best for the DS.

I'd have thought that anything that works for a PDA would work for DS. Is it a screen-cleaning fluid similar to that stuff you put on CDs to get rid of very fine scratches that doesn't actually work?

Comment

Yeah I'm looking into getting something like that but I don't know what brand is best. Any suggestions?

Comment

Bumping an old thread here I know but I'm having a similar problem. Been reading up on possible methods and there's a toothpaste one - http://ninds.deviantart.com/journal/5240411/ - but it seems way too crazy and risky to try. I only have like two scratches in the middle of the touch screen that are unseeable under daylight, and only slightly seeable if you tilt towards a normal light. Only took me a month to do em too - wasn't careful enough, which hurts after I gave up playing my GBA due to scratching it to death

Anyone got any possible solutions, or should I just put up with it until my screen's totally unseeable and send it back to Ninty?

Screen protectors seem like total crap too, tried one and ended up with a crappy barely-seeable display with scratches on the protector and only removable if you screw up applying it (which I did luckily).

Comment

DONT USE TOOTHPASTE!!!! Tried it on my Ipod and made a right mess. Best stuff is Displex. You can get it from Ebay and it really does work

Comment

After a bout of Nintendogs I kind of realised it's getting worse. Does that Displex stuff really work? I've been reading around the internet and hearing several sources saying it works really well, others saying it doesnt work at all and others saying it messed up their screen even more. The fact that you only seem to be able to get it online from my knowledge kind of scares me as towards its quality also. Any DIY places carry it?

Maybe I'm being paranoid. Should I just leave it until it's basically unseeable and hand it in to Nintendo?

Comment

Working...
            X