Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for dumb question but.......

Hi,

I've had 2x GCon 2 Guns for the PS2 for several years,daft thing is,never used them,just boxed.Anyway i decided to use them the other day and for some reason can't get them to work,given that im using RGB(would'nt dare use anything else) and thought that i just plug them into the USB on the PS2??

Nothing to do with the TV i use,not prog scan or anything,37" CRT,so should'nt be a problem.

How basically am i supposed to "connect" the guns with my RGB cable?
    Thanks8)

PS:By the way i did have a search for a thread,but to no avail

Have you got a 100hz telly? If so, i think you have to have a specifically suitable lightgun.

Sorry, just re-read it, realised you haven't actually connected them. Maybe this is the sort of thing you'd need.
    Last edited by unknown_citizen; 02-12-2005, 00:55.

Comment

Oddly, a friend of mine had an RGB cable for his PS2 and found that his guns wouldn't work, but when he switched to composite they worked fine. We tried to work around this problem but couldn't find a way to get both RGB and the guns working at the same time, so Point Blank had to be played only in composite.
      Perhaps it's something to do with the way the PS2 outputs its RGB?

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo
        Oddly, a friend of mine had an RGB cable for his PS2 and found that his guns wouldn't work, but when he switched to composite they worked fine. We tried to work around this problem but couldn't find a way to get both RGB and the guns working at the same time, so Point Blank had to be played only in composite.
        Perhaps it's something to do with the way the PS2 outputs its RGB?
        Thanks guys for your help,yep it's not what i wanted to hearft: but it's what i thought!

Shows you how crap the GCon2 and light guns are in general for PS1/PS2,if you can't bloody well output an RGB pictureft:

Sod it,i'll use the pads,atleast i'll maintain the best picture!
        Thanks again

Comment

Buy a Blaze RGB cable, they have a little yellow composite connector you can link the gun with, always worked with mine.

Comment

As I recall you can buy (or the guns should come with) a little adapter that you plonk on the PS2 end of the video cable which allows you to connect up the little yellow wire you get with them.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
              As I recall you can buy (or the guns should come with) a little adapter that you plonk on the PS2 end of the video cable which allows you to connect up the little yellow wire you get with them.
              Yeah but you still need to connect that lead to somthing and unless you have an RGB lead that has a socket for it, its no good. Their are a few different RGB leads that let you use the gun though. I have one, not sure what make it is right now though.

The G-Con 2 is indeed a very silly device, you need to do all that messing about with the airial everytime you plug it in and then it still requires you to calabrate it everytime you boot up a game. Yet then you look at say... the Official Sega Dreamcast light gun, you just plug that in and it dosen't even require calibration.

The G-Con 2 never use to work half the time on my old TV either....

Comment

Working...
              X