360 on a 50" plasma ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

360 on a 50" plasma ?

I am thinking about buying the pioneer 50" 506XDE plasma tv, just got my 360 today and want something special to play it on.

do you reckon 50" is too big for gaming?

depends how big the room your going to use it in is. Your going to need to sit pretty far away from it tho.

Comment

No. it will be perfect just make sure its the HD version.

Neil.

Comment

thanks guys, the tv looks pretty awesome as i want it for movies etc too.

might go buy it at lunch time

Comment

Nice, make sure its not too big for your room though. I personally think my 32" CRT is too big for my front room.

Comment

i thought my 42 would be too big. Once you get used to it, its the same. I thought the 50 would be ok, but again you get used to it. I put a 12 foot wide projector screen in and its fine also. Prime importance is comfort. If you find a comfortable way to view the screen then room size is largley irrelevant imo.

Comment

Comfort is important but you don't want a TV taking over your room (or so the wife tells me).
              Last edited by Ginger Tosser; 02-12-2005, 11:24.

Comment

I had my 360 on a 42" LCD initially and it was a bit of a mixed bag. Gotham looked really jagged (perhaps due to it not rendering in full HD res), Kameo looked okay but could use anti-aliasing, but Condemned looked excellent.

I have it on a 20" W/S flat panel monitor now and it looks much cleaner all round.

Comment

my room is a decent size and it will be wall mounted eventually

Comment

wicky, how much is the 506 going for now?

I'm playing on a 70" screen, and I don't find that too big from a few meters.

Comment

on the net about ?3400 ish, my local AV store is doing them for 3800 with stands/speakers and delivery

Comment

You going to need the speakers though? The Pio looks so much more.. lush without them on.

Comment

Having just seen 360 in 1080i on my 43" Pioneer I can safely say, go for it.
                          Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tosser
                            Comfort is important but you don't want a TV taking over your room (or so the wife tells me).
                            pffffft, what do women know? :P Cinema screens 4tw!

Comment

I bought a 55" plasma a few months back and was just blown away by it, couldnt go back to anything smaller now!
                              Not got my 360 yet but the xbox and cube look fantastic - so god knows how good the 360 will look

Comment

Working...
                              X