Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how do you get XBOX games to run on your 360?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So how do you get XBOX games to run on your 360?

I read that Halo will be playable out of the box as the software is already on the HDD, but what about other titles. Anyone know how to find the correct software for the game? What the process involves.

I think you might need to connect to Live. I tried playing Pro Evo 5 out of the box but the 360 dash said something about getting an update first, said update started downloading when I connected to Live.

Comment

It downloads an update from Live.

Comment

that's a bit pish if you don't have, or have no intention of, getting Live, isn't it?

Comment

LIVE is free apart from mutliplayer gaming. You can get downloads and updates with a free silver account. Alternativly, you can mail off for an update disc from Xbox.com I believe if you don't have a broadband connection.

Comment

Apparently there's a way of downloading the patch to your PC, burning it to a disc and then installing on your hd.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris
              LIVE is free apart from mutliplayer gaming. You can get downloads and updates with a free silver account. Alternativly, you can mail off for an update disc from Xbox.com I believe if you don't have a broadband connection.
              aah. makes sense i suppose. i have broadband, but can't be arsed with the extra expense for Live and all the bawbags it attracts.

but at least MS have thought it through to a certain extent. not that i'm getting a 360 anytime soon you understand - just curious

Comment

Working...
              X