No announcement yet.

Backwards Compatibility and Region Coding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well according to someone on AVforums, most of the kit is interchangable between US and UK systems with no problems ie:- hard drives, cables etc.

That's not really suprising but the most interesting thing is he says that the UK and US power supplies work on either console.

The good news you can simply use a UK psu on a US xbox. No need to bother with all that stepdown crap. The outputs are identical from both PSUs. Tried it for 2 hours - worked fine. So if you have an import machine start hassling MS for a UK PSU
    Now, anyone have a cunning (and foolproof) plan of how I can obtain a UK powersupply from MS?

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101
      Now, anyone have a cunning (and foolproof) plan of how I can obtain a UK powersupply from MS?
      Just phone up and ask them for one

Comment

That sounds too easy to actually work

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101
          Just tell 'em your desperate for a Microsoft made hairdryer

Comment

just tell them you lost it anyway does the psu have the actual usa plug end attached or is it like a ps2 slimline psu where you can use a uk lead on it

Comment

No, the lead from the back of the 360 into the unit is moulded into the powerbrick. It's only the other side (which goes from the brick into the mains) that's detatchable but that's no good - the block only accepts 120v so it's the bit that would need replacing to make sure the voltages are right.

Comment

are right so its not multivoltage as you could just have swapped leads over

Comment

My brothers mate is coming over from Atlanta for New Year,and it turns out he only works at Target.

So if i get an NTSC one am i right in thinking it will connect to the nearest Live server,ie the UK one,as opposed to the US one?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
                    I tried Halo 2 , I can't beleive that its meant to be running at 720p. It doesn't look like it at all, it looks exactly the bloody same!
                    I take that back , it appears I didn't test update it to the latest version.

Holy Cow does it look lovely now. You can really notice it on the particle and lighting effects. Everything looks generally clearer. I tried the single player game and it looks absolutely stunning. Couldn't believe my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
                      I take that back , it appears I didn't test update it to the latest version.

Holy Cow does it look lovely now. You can really notice it on the particle and lighting effects. Everything looks generally clearer. I tried the single player game and it looks absolutely stunning. Couldn't believe my eyes.
                      It makes you wonder if Bungie coded the game knowing about the 360 all that time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Pavey
                        My brothers mate is coming over from Atlanta for New Year,and it turns out he only works at Target.

So if i get an NTSC one am i right in thinking it will connect to the nearest Live server,ie the UK one,as opposed to the US one?
                        Live is working great for me on a US 360.

Comment

Halo 2 was the only Xbox game I tried on the 360, which required an update, until recently when I put in Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (in HD it looked very impressive), but it didn't prompt for an update. There is a problem though, when I connect to Xbox Live it prompts for an update, which it installs without error, but then the game will not load. The load progress bar (the first screen with Sam's face on it) stops about 4/5 across and that's how it stays. If you press the guide button it makes the noise, but you cannot see it until you eject the disc.

Comment

Working...
                          X