xbox live problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xbox live problems

Is anyone getting any problems when trying to acces live?. When I try to connect I get a message saying that an update needs to be applyed to your xbox inorder for you to get on live so I click ok it begins to load then it says connection failed. I tested my connection through the xbox and it says its fine any ideas?

it wont let me download any 'free' demos or games either at the moment, saying unable to connect - but when i try to buy content all seems fine :P

damn, really wanted to try Kameo tonight.

Johnno, it did the same thing for me the first time and then it took me to a test connection screen, it took a minute then ticked a few boxes and displayed my IP settings, after that it worked. also make sure any PC firewall is disabled (or router firewall) should you be sharing the connection.

Comment

Ive sorted it it was the firewall thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by Pirotic
        it wont let me download any 'free' demos or games either at the moment, saying unable to connect - but when i try to buy content all seems fine :P

damn, really wanted to try Kameo tonight.

Johnno, it did the same thing for me the first time and then it took me to a test connection screen, it took a minute then ticked a few boxes and displayed my IP settings, after that it worked. also make sure any PC firewall is disabled (or router firewall) should you be sharing the connection.
        had this also, was trying to download kameo so my nipper could have a go.
        but i dont understand how i can connect to live all ok but then not download the demo - i do not really want to disable the firewall on my router, seeing as my pc is on @ the same time, seems a bit of a dangerous idea. Obviously i'm no expert in all this so any help/advise would be much appreciated fellas
        cheers
        YW

Comment

Not a problem but just played my first ever console live game.

****er left at the 89th minute losing 3-0...

He was French.

Comment

dude, not even disabling the firewall fix's this glitch, you're the third person i've spoken to now who has the same problem and none of us have figured it out yet :P

Comment

sorry fella,
              got the impression that you two above had sorted it

Comment

Do any of you get this sort of echo effect off of the headset? I've heard a few people complaining about it while in live, sometimes it repeats about 20 times

Comment

YeaH i've had that once, and someone I was with had it happen too.

quaint

Comment

It might be something to do with the headset volume in game - someone elsewhere said that turning it down via the options to around the 7 mark sorted it out.

Might be worth a try?

Comment

the microphone is to quiet how it is :P i can't turn it down!

Comment

Working...
                      X