Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demo Downloads (Anybody else having problems?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demo Downloads (Anybody else having problems?)

Whenever i try to download a proper demo it jumps to 5% then fails, it lets me download all the pay for content, and demos of the pay for content - but the Kameo, NFL and NBA demos all fail.

Anybody else noticed this? or is it just me

Nah - Just give it longer on 5% - that happened with Madden for me - Think coz it was so big (700mb+)

Comment

It's not that i can't give it longer, its that after 10 seconds a connection error subwindow pops up, lets me go back to the dashboard mind you so it's not like my connection goes all together :P

Comment

Works for me. It's quite slow though.

Comment

ah right - it's just madden stuck on 5% for a pretty long time earlier - figured that might've been it !

Good luck !

Comment

Damn, still not working with Kameo, i'm connected via the PC and my firewall is on 'always allow'.. hopefully it's just busy or something

Comment

Do you get shown the actual download speed or an estimated time remaining on Live? Or is it just a vague percentage and loading bar?

Comment

It was working in the day absolutely fine but it seems to have slowed round down. Presumably everyone is getting home from work and trying this out and bogging the servers down.

Comment

Can you do oter stuff (play a game) while using this function?

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09
                    Can you do oter stuff (play a game) while using this function?
                    No. Its a bit of a pain but I pressume it cant waste any power when playing games.

Comment

Got NBA and Kameo demos fine earlier...

Comment

*sobs* just doesn't like me then, oh well - blockbuster it is then

It's strange, i got a couple of the 'Arcade' demos which are about 35mb, but it just doesn't let me download anything from proper games, such the trailers or the demos. says 'disconnected from server' in a little pop up and tells me to try again later, i assumed it was busy servers but now i think it's something with my connection

Comment

When you choose to download something - can you hide the download and it still downloads in the background?

I've had varying degrees of success with this.

Comment

I dont think you can download in the background, the only way to close that little side window is to cancel the download..

So nobody else having problems downloading the game demos and trailers then? i've found one other chap on another forum with the exact same problem :P

Comment

I've downloaded the kameo demo but it took ages - longer than a 500mb file would have done on the pc but the 360 didn't drop the connection, all the trailers worked fine.

It's annoying you can't download in the background but everything I tried always ended up cancelling the download. I hope they sort this out soon as I don't want to have to sit there waiting for a big demo to download in future.

Comment

Working...
                              X