Going Wireless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going Wireless

I've decided to get as many wireless things in the near future as I can, to remove cables (obviously) and allow me to use my PC with my TV as more of a home theater setup.

Now, I'll probably end up getting a wireless keyboard, mouse, router and hopefully a 360 with wireless pads too. My question is, would all these devices interfere with each other in anyway? Also, what other wireless devices can there be, such as speakers, printers etc.?

I'm going wireless myself too. Security is the main concern for me.

As for devices interferring with eachn other... I previously used a wireless mouse and keyboard without any problem (bar the obvious when you move further away), and my PC has always been next to my consoles and AV setup.

Comment

My house is crammed with wireless gadgets (network, mice, keyboards, phones etc. etc. etc.) and I have no inteference problems. Wireless routers come with all sorts of security stuff: encryption, restricting access to specific MAC addresses

Comment

Originally posted by Ish
        My house is crammed with wireless gadgets (network, mice, keyboards, phones etc. etc. etc.) and I have no inteference problems. Wireless routers come with all sorts of security stuff: encryption, restricting access to specific MAC addresses
        Cool. That's what I wanted to know. Also, is there such a thing as wireless speakers (5.1) and a wireless printer?

Comment

There is such thing as wireless surround speakers, and for wireless printing, you can either buy a wireless printer or a print server which can connect to a wireless router (which I tried with no real success ) Or a wireless print server to save connecting the print server using ethernet to the router.

Comment

Cheers. Looks like going wire free won't be that difficulat afterall. Could you please provide me with some 'reasonably priced' examples of wireless speakers?

Comment

My brother has one of those reciever/transmitters connecting to a Sky Digital box downstairs. When I'm using Wi-Fi internet, he gets interferance on screen from time to time.

Pretty specific, though. Thought I'd just let you know

Comment

Note that wireless isnt really wireless because every wireless device that doesnt use batteries would need a power cable, so you could end up running out of plug sockets very quickly.

I've only listened to two wireless speaker type but they were both pretty rubbish even though not cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
                  Note that wireless isnt really wireless because every wireless device that doesnt use batteries would need a power cable, so you could end up running out of plug sockets very quickly.

I've only listened to two wireless speaker type but they were both pretty rubbish even though not cheap.
                  Yeah, I have to remember that too. Guess I'll have a wireless keyboard and mouse, and simply stick to normal wired speakers.

thanks

Comment

Don't wireless speakers use FM frequencies and hence are rubbish quality?

Comment

Working...
                    X