SCART Splitters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCART Splitters

In my infinite wisdom, I bought a cheapie 5 port SCART splitter. It is not switched and fully automatic. Trouble is, when I have my DVD player plugged in (on standby), it interferes with the consoles that are also plugged in. I oont want to have to unplug it just to play games.

Does anyone have one with no interference? (im sure getting one that requires switching would help)?

I use a switching scart lead as my telly is pants and only has the one scart lead, into the switcher i have PS2, Svideo out from my pc and scart from the DVD player

The switch works a treat and doesnt interfere with anything, it was one i bought in comet a while back

I think this is it the cost seems about right

http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/313_407325.html

Comment

Buy Product not found at Argos. Thousands of products for same day delivery, or fast store collection.

I use one similar to this. Its excellent and no interferance between inputs.

Comment

doublepost

Comment

Thought so. Basically if theres a switch the signal will be channelled as if you are using one lead straight into the TV, wheras the one I have is basically every device for itself (so requires it to be turned off at the wall, much defeating the point)

Comment

Originally posted by hasanhadi
            http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/5342361.htm

I use one similar to this. Its excellent and no interferance between inputs.
            With that one, say if you had 2 consoles running, you could just press the button and bring the other up. Then, if you want, pause that and switch back to the first console?

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk
              With that one, say if you had 2 consoles running, you could just press the button and bring the other up. Then, if you want, pause that and switch back to the first console?
              Yes, exactly. Although Im talking about my one, Im sure the one linked to is the same.

Comment

Cheers. I'll get me one of those.

Comment

If you're leaving the consoles on while switching between them, there's a big chance of interference between channels, for instance you may get ghosting from the other console.

But yes that splitter from argos is wicked, but you'll need a decent scart lead to connect it to the TV.

Comment

That was my point, the ghosting. I thought it was because there was no manual splitting. Surely if theres switching there wont be this problem. Anyway, the one Ive got has interference is a device is on standby, so thats all I want to cure, really.

Comment

Make sure you get the one from Argos that you need a seperate SCART lead for. The one with the lead built in is a pile of crap. Mine's worked fine for about 4 years now and I notice no signal degradation. When I got mine, they did an oxygen-free gold-plated SCART to SCART in Argos for about a fiver.

Comment

Anyway, the one Ive got has interference is a device is on standby, so thats all I want to cure, really.
                        The argos one will give you no interference if any device is on stand by. You may get some if you leave one console on and switch to another though.

Comment

Thanks for the input, guys.

Comment

Thanks for the input, guys.
                            Hoho!
                            Yeh, make sure you get one that manually switches to avoid the majority of interference problems.

Comment

Working...
                            X