Strange DC question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange DC question

Just come down from the loft after getting our Chrimbo decorations down and noticed all my Dreamcast discs are covered in what looks like moisture.

Once they are in the house all of the moisture goes but now I am paranoid that in a couple of years they will be knackered.

Is it too cold in my loft for storing my old games or is it normal?

Told you it was weird question

If the discs are still nice and silvery then move them to a new location with less humdity and a fairly stable temperature.
    If they're starting to go brown around the edges but still work then still do this.
    If they're brown all over... and don't work... XD

Comment

Originally posted by g34r~guy
      If the discs are still nice and silvery then move them to a new location with less humdity and a fairly stable temperature.
      If they're starting to go brown around the edges but still work then still do this.
      If they're brown all over... and don't work... XD

No brown at all,thankfully.But will have to move them.All my PS1 discs are fine.No moisture at all on them.

Very strange.

Cheers for the help.

Comment

It's just what happens if you put optical media in a damp environment. If you'd done it with a dual-layer DVD, there could have been trouble, but single layered stuff should be alright.

All those games in the loft though? Aren't the covers and manuals all warped now?

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris
          It's just what happens if you put optical media in a damp environment. If you'd done it with a dual-layer DVD, there could have been trouble, but single layered stuff should be alright.

All those games in the loft though? Aren't the covers and manuals all warped now?

Not at all.Thats the weird thing.Only the discs inside the cases are moist.

Comment

Pack some silica gel in with them when you put them in boxes, to be on the safe side. That'll absorb any moisture in the air.

Comment

Working...
            X