Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPod not playing on the 360

Hi,

For some reason my music is being played on my Xbox 360 from my iPod. The 360 recognises and can select all the artists, tracks etc. but when I do pick a track to play, the first xbox live menu appears again (like when you press the Xbox symbol on the controller) and the sound that was playing as the games default music just stops and nothing plays.

Also, my ipod is always flashing "do not disconnect" as soon as its plugged into the xbox, and the symbol the accompanies this on the screen (that red circle with a line going diagonally through it) also appears to the right of every track listed on the TV in the Xbox menu?

Is there any reason why my iPod doesn't seem to be liking the 360? Some sort of protection against the music?? I really need help!

Did you buy the music from Itunes? Or did Itunes Convert the music into a format the Ipod can read? Cuz if it does either, you can't play it

Comment

My 4th Gen Ipod works fine with the 360, all songs in MP3 format.

What happens if its disconnected whensaying 'dont disconnect'?

Comment

My Nano works fine. You have switch offthe 360 to disconect

Comment

Originally posted by El Leone
          Did you buy the music from Itunes? Or did Itunes Convert the music into a format the Ipod can read? Cuz if it does either, you can't play it
          All the songs on my iPod are ones that are imported from my music cds to iTunes. All these songs seem to be AAC Audio File when I right click > "Get Info" on them. Funnily enough, I have one song that does work, which a mate gave to me downloading over MSN messenger. After right clicking > Get Info on this song that does work, it says its an MPEG File.

So the one MPEG File does work, all of my other songs (AAC Audio Files) don't work. Any significance in this? Isn't it normal to have AAC Files as default?

Comment

Originally posted by Uptime
            All the songs on my iPod are ones that are imported from my music cds to iTunes. All these songs seem to be AAC Audio File when I right click > "Get Info" on them. Funnily enough, I have one song that does work, which a mate gave to me downloading over MSN messenger. After right clicking > Get Info on this song that does work, it says its an MPEG File.

So the one MPEG File does work, all of my other songs (AAC Audio Files) don't work. Any significance in this? Isn't it normal to have AAC Files as default?
            AAC is ITunes own format, which works with Apple products such as IPods etc, Microsoft tried to get the rights to allow this format on the 360 but Apple would not agree (so I hear) and thats why they dont work.

Its annoying I know, I have alot of ITunes bought music and cant stream it on my 360.

Comment

AAC files do work.

There is a download available on Xbox Live.

Comment

cant seem to find it on there.

Comment

Here's how to get support for iPods (and I'm guessing unprotected AAC audio files)

Xbox Live Marketplace -> Game Downloads -> All Games -> Alphabetical List of Games -> Optional iPod Support

Comment

Yep, I had this problem as well; it seems it doesn't support AAC files out of the box. I happened to stumble upon the update when searching the marketplace, but it would have been nicer if it was mentioned somewhere, or pre-loaded onto the hard drive.

Comment

On an unrelated note, the fact that support for additional codecs is that easy is positive.

Comment

I've installed the iPod update and its still not streaming my AAC files from my PC. Any ideas?

I've restarted both the console and Windows Media Connect.

Comment

Originally posted by Ish
                          I've installed the iPod update and its still not streaming my AAC files from my PC. Any ideas?

I've restarted both the console and Windows Media Connect.
                          Probably only affects iPods, not Windows Media Centre features.

Comment

Thanks for your help guys I'll give the iPod download update later and see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Valken
                              Here's how to get support for iPods (and I'm guessing unprotected AAC audio files)

Xbox Live Marketplace -> Game Downloads -> All Games -> Alphabetical List of Games -> Optional iPod Support
                              AHA, It works! It works! Hurraah!

Comment

Working...
                              X