5.1 Headphones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5.1 Headphones

It isn't practical of me to use 5.1 speakers since there are other people in the house and I often game during the early hours of the morning, so what console-friendly 5.1 headphones would you recommend for the 360 under a ?100?

A bit of a long shot, I know.

I hadn't thought of 5:1 headphones before, that'd be an ideal solution for me as well.

Comment

Wouldent the sound suck with 5.1 headphones?

Wouldent be true 5.1 would it?

I always thought normal headphones were top notch for me.

Comment

Decent 5.1 headphones should have speakers built into the phones that are positioned at different places to simulate a 5.1. effect. The better ones are supposed to be pricy, and I'm not sure if 5.1 headphones work decently on console systems yet, why I'm asking.

Comment

I have a pair of Medusa 5.1 USB headphones and they are great for playing BF2, but they need drivers so unfortunately I doubt they'll work if I try and plug them into my 360

Comment

Cheers.

I'm hoping to find driverless ones that are functional in a console environment though.

I might try these for my PC though if I can't find anything console-suitable.

Comment

I think Medusa do a non-USB version as well although I don't know what connections it uses. If you're thinking of the USB ones it's worth mentioning that on my PC at least, I do get the occasional glitch. Sometimes when playing music or a game the sound gets really fast or scratchy, and I have to alt-tab to the desktop to quickly adjust the settings in the taskbar (I change the sound from 5.1 to 2.1 and then back, and the glitch disappears).

Comment

Yep, I've got the non-usb version.

There's a three phono lead (red, green and blue) which connects from the audio device to a small box (which had the volume control and power on/off switch on it). The head phones then connect into this. Not sure how this would work with connecting it to the 360 though.

I've recently stopped using mine (was using them for the PC) as something was causing interference with them and creating a low frequency buzz whenever they were in use.

One word of advice with these headphones tho - be careful of the volume. The base and volume range on them will leave you with tinnitus in no time if you aren't careful (the other reason I stopped using them).

I'm sure tackling all those Imps in Doom3 left me with permanent hearing damage

Comment

Working...
                X