PAL- 60HZ Change??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAL- 60HZ Change??

FIRST thing i done when i bought 360 was set it to PAL 60, done so with nay probs, booted up me 360 today and its in bloomin black n white!!
    Not being able to get an official scart cable anywhere i have just made do with crappy composite, does this mean that PAL 60 doesnt now work with composite or what is it an xbox dashboard update or something??
    Im confused, is anyone else in the same boat?

I'm running mine in 60hz,through composite with no problems what so ever.

Have'nt got a clue whats causing that

Comment

Probably due to TV's composite socket doesn't support the necessary format to display it in colour.

Comment

Originally posted by darksteve
        FIRST thing i done when i bought 360 was set it to PAL 60, done so with nay probs, booted up me 360 today and its in bloomin black n white!!
        Not being able to get an official scart cable anywhere i have just made do with crappy composite, does this mean that PAL 60 doesnt now work with composite or what is it an xbox dashboard update or something??
        Exactly the same thing happened to me! I was running PAL60 fine from the second I bought it, now all of a sudden it's black and white!

Clearly it's not coincidence! I've had to set it to PAL50 for the time being. There must have been an update which caused it.

Comment

Very strange.

What could have caused the change though?

Comment

I guess they could have changed it to NTSC3.38 and your TV's dont support it.

Comment

What's strange is that 60Hz has worked on the Dreamcast and the PS2 on my TV, as well as NTSC stuff via my DVD player. As did the 360 with PAL60. There has to have been a change to make it do that :S

Comment

Originally posted by Pij
                I guess they could have changed it to NTSC3.38 and your TV's dont support it.
                But why?

Comment

Originally posted by darksteve

This sounds very strange as "PAL60" implies it carrys the PAL Colour palette.

If you own a PS2, i suggest you try a game with a 60Hz option, and make sure you don't use RGB, if the picture is B&W then you TV does not support the NTSC colour palette which is outputed by all Ps2s (in 60Hz mode)

this problem sounds very strange as it *should be in colour.

Comment

If anyone has a PC video capture card, they can try and capture some footage. PAL60 is rarely supported on capture cards, if it has infact been changed to NTSC, it should now be capturable in colour. Someone (preferable someone with another PAL60 capable console) should test it.

Comment

There has been a change on the dashboard, my default setting were PAL 60, when i switched it on today it was in Black and White.
                      Thought i had just hit my AV button onto AVS by mistake, nope it was black and white.
                      Know my TV works perfectly with all other forms of hz's on me other consoles from ps2,DC,cube etc

Also tried....
                      AV1 2 SCART AND AV 3 using 3 pins on me tv=Still B&W
                      Switched the AV cable from tv to hi def and back=Still B&W
                      Tried restarting the whole process from beginning=Still B&W

Will give MS support a call see if they can at least give me an answer/explanation.

Comment

So glad it wasn't just me, I thought I was going insane! I know for a fact my TV is perfectly capable of 60hz.

Comment

Possibly a long shot, but I wonder if it's related to a recent BC update:

Originally posted by Bungie.net
                          A few folks who played Halo 2 on their 360 last night also won a booby prize ? black bars on the side of the screen in 16:9 mode. This was part of a cool backward compatibility update that let you, among other things, play a bunch of cool games like Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon on 360. Sadly it had one drawback for Halo 2 players. It affected a very small number of people, but they're pissed, and I can reveal that it will be fixed very, very soon. Probably even by the time you read this.

Comment

Working...
                          X