Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden axe/Comix zone/Altered beast/Crazy taxi:How good/bad on GBA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golden axe/Comix zone/Altered beast/Crazy taxi:How good/bad on GBA?

How good or bad are the gameboy advance versions of these classic Sega games?

Only tried Crazy Taxi myself and thought it was quite a good conversion, 7/10 from me, worth getting if your a CT fan.
    The other games will probably have reviews over on gamerankings.com

Comment

Thanks for that, Crazy taxi looks suprisingly good 3d and all! Also im pretty aware of what these games scored and most scored pretty badly so i was intrested in people on heres opinions as most of the time i tend to agree with what people here tell me about a game rather than reviews.

Comment

comix zone is on GBA? Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk
          comix zone is on GBA? Awesome!
          Yes it is, for a while now, it looks kinda like an odd game to me? Anybody played it? Or the megadrive original? Is 'just' a bog standard scrollin beat-em-up under the graphical fancyness?

Comment

Sweet. I never knew Comix Zone was on GBA.
            I found a load of Megadrrive games last night in my girlfriends bedroom. They'd been gathering dust in some cupboard.
            Comix Zone, Ristar and Quackshot were all there!

I'll be playing Comix Zone later.

Comment

Comix Zone was one of my favourite Mega Drive games, it's pretty much a scrolling beat 'em up but I always found it to be different due to the whole comic book style.

Comment

Comix Zone on GBA is not a very impressive port. It looks and sounds poor and there are moves missing and to top it off it doesnt exactly play smooth either. If you wanna play it deffo stick to the original.

Comment

Cheers, anything on Golden axe?, which is on the Sega smash pack cart (along with ecco and sonic spinball) or the Altered beast remake/update?

Comment

I always felt GBA Crazy Taxi got far too much of a hard time.
                    They tried to go for a full 3D affair, like the Dreamcast original, as opposed to taking the cop-out overhead GTA view. The results are as expected, playable but blatantly asking the hardware to do something it's not supposed to.

Impressive and all, but it's a bit like asking a MegaDrive to run Sega Rally or something.

Comment

Golden Axe is an accurate port of the Megadrive version.

Altered Beast update is about as good as the original (make of that what you will).

Crazy Taxi is horrible, far too ambitious.

Comment

Working...
                      X