Xbox power supply , which one best ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox power supply , which one best ?

Im pretty sure my xbox power supply is playing up as sometimes i think its not powering the harddrive , anyway what power supply should i go for as some are a bit dodgy , like the ones that burn your house down :P

Thanks , my xbox is PAL btw

Have you tried just disconnecting and reseating it first? It might be a similar problem to the one that plagued the Dreamcast.

Comment

no i could give that a go thanks , my xbox is chipped with a 120gb HD and TBH ever since its been modded its been a pain in the arse , seems if you dont power it for say over a week (mined you the plug is still plugged in) it starts playing up with the needs service screen .. chip seems to work ok when i boot that from the eject button ,, i can get it working in the end after messing around with it for about 10 mins , like trying to boot up games and stuff , i have got Blue led control ports and a blew jewel so maybe this is drawing to much power, i dont know

are most chipped xbox's reliable ???

Comment

Haven't got a clue mate, I've not touched one.
        Listening to what's going on when you boot a normal XBox re the fan slowing down when the DVD drive spins up and everything with the drawing of power from the PSU, it's possible that you've got too much going on, but I really don't know.

Comment

ok thanks , man i love this xbox when its working but my god it drives me crazy sometimes

also if anyone else knows when i boot up the xenium screen form the eject button , i cant get my xbox pads to work (its fine on the xbox dash tho) i tried using normal control ports that i bought on ebay to see if the LED ones were playing up but it still had the same problem .. maybe my motherboard is a little dodgy ??

Comment

Working...
          X