Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox 360 Controller on PC

Hey,

I understand you can buy a 360 controller for use with your PC and was hoping some other forumites could share their experiences with this. It sounds like a 'good idea' in theory, but we all know how reality often differs.

Cheers

It works good. Quite good actually.

Comment

I don't wish to be stupid, but it is this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...203392-4940440 right?

Comment

that is the one, but you can just go and buy a wired 360 pad from a shop and download the driver from MS's site.

Comment

Cool! Sounds good. Will check it out.

Thanks guys.

Comment

It rules. I bought a wired over wireless spare, plugged into PC, it downloaded the drivers and hey presto !!

Comment

I'm finding it much better with Pro Evo 5 than the PS2 pad through an adapter that I was using before, which is suprising. Feels a lot more responsive, but I could have just had a crap adapter before I suppose.

Comment

i can't get the drivers to detect the pad on my machine - no idea why.

Comment

At the risk of asking the obvious, you have got it in a USB2.0 slot haven't you? I didn't actually see anywhere on the box or instructions that said it had to go in one but it didn't work in the other USB slots on mine.

Comment

all the slots are usb 2.0

Neil.

Comment

it comes up new hardware fouind but just plainly refuses to install the driver...

Comment

Anyone know if this would work with a play and charge kit AND a wireless controller?

Comment

Originally posted by NeilMcRae
                          it comes up new hardware fouind but just plainly refuses to install the driver...
                          You have to install the driver from here (http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo.../download.mspx) before connecting the pad to the machine once the driver is installed connect the pad and it will detect and install automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by phillai
                            Anyone know if this would work with a play and charge kit AND a wireless controller?
                            I plugged my play and charge kit into my laptop, and it charged the pad fine and also displayed new hardware found, I installed the driver from the windows gaming page, but what ever I did the pad would not work or be recognised on the laptop. Can only presume it will not work therefore

edit : Just read roosts post. Maybe that is where I went wrong as I plugged the pad in before installing the driver. Even on disconnecting and reconnecting though, it still would not have it !

Comment

Working...
                            X