360 in 4:3 - borders come and go.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

360 in 4:3 - borders come and go.

I've noticed that a few games that used to run fine in 4:3 without borders now have them.

For a few hours today I could only play Kameo in letterbox mode, regardless of the settings in the dashboard. Eventually things seemed to have sorted themselves out and the borders are gone now. Go figure??

Condemned still has them, though, and I can't remember they were always present (only played it for a few hours) or if it supports 4:3 without being in letterbox mode. Does anyone know if this is the case?

This all seemed to start after loading up PES5 for the first time on the 360. Could this be anything to do with it?

Doesn't this have something to do with the Halo 2 patch? Or possibly a PES5 patch...
    Last edited by MonkeyWrench; 22-12-2005, 06:25.

Comment

Is the screen resolution switching on your TV set to Auto? Try turning that off and see if it makes a difference. Sometimes if TVs are getting black lines top and bottom they auto-switch, because they're stupid, and manually setting the screen ratio avoids that problem.

Comment

^^ What Vertigo said - Check your TV. I've not had that problem with any games and I've been playing pro evo5 on & off.

Comment

Working...
        X