Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which router model do you use for MK DS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which router model do you use for MK DS?

I ask because even though I can connect and race I keep getting error 94030 then getting disconnected. This basically means the transmission rate on my router is too high and there is no way to change it.

Which routers do you guys use that work fine with no problems?

Cheers

I had exactly the same problem but now managed to fix it so that it works perfectly

good luck! http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread...ghlight=belkin

Comment

I'm using a Netgear DG834G, which setup with absolutely no fuss whatsoever.

Comment

No router (well that's a lie actually, there is a router, it's just an old wired one). I bought a cheap 54g Motorola Access Point from ebay (?20 new) and just connected it.

I've had no problems whatsoever.

A friend of mine has a Belkin router and gets the 3rd/4th race drop-out too, but I noticed last time I was over there his firmware has the option to limit the speed, so I'll try that for him later.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow
          I had exactly the same problem but now managed to fix it so that it works perfectly

good luck! http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread...ghlight=belkin
          Cheers for that but I have a US Robotics router and I'm using it to share a 2 meg internet connection between 2 PCs. Really, limiting the bandwidth isn't ideal for me at all.

Does anyone know if, by buying a Nintendo adapter and plugging it into my PC it would work then? As the adapter would act as a limiter then surely?

Comment

I use a wired Belkin Router and the Cable & Wireless USB Dongle, works fine everytime.

Comment

Netgear DG834G. Worked better after I updated the firmware and provisioned the DNS addresses, etc manually within MKS - before I did that I got dropouts

Comment

Netgear wgr614 and ma521 wireless card, both of which perform much better since upgrading drivers/firmware and upgrading to XP with all updates. I do keep getting dropouts though

Comment

hmm, interesting, I've been badgering belkin via email for such an option to be added to my access point firmware too, do you know what model it is possibly?

thanks

Originally posted by babs
                  No router (well that's a lie actually, there is a router, it's just an old wired one). I bought a cheap 54g Motorola Access Point from ebay (?20 new) and just connected it.

I've had no problems whatsoever.

A friend of mine has a Belkin router and gets the 3rd/4th race drop-out too, but I noticed last time I was over there his firmware has the option to limit the speed, so I'll try that for him later.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45
                    Snap.

Comment

the approved routers list isn't showing for me anymore (firefox 1.5) I click all manufacturers and it shows none.

the netgears have known problems (some of them) it says on the router compatibility list on nintendowifi.co.uk

but then, it also says my belkin router is 0/5 stars unsupported, so take it with a pinch of salt

Comment

Originally posted by kernow
                        the approved routers list isn't showing for me anymore (firefox 1.5)
                        I had that the other day, this page seems to be o.k (so long as you select the manufacturer from the drop down list as the Netgear link no worky).
                        Last edited by Ginger Tosser; 23-12-2005, 14:17.

Comment

excellent, thanks for that

Comment

see, nintendos instructions for auto and manual setup are good and very well documented, apart from the fact that I swear if I reverted to those settings and stopped doing the pinging to lower the transfer speeds, it wouldn't work.

they need to mention things like that also I think

or belkin needs to tell them, I've told belkin darnit

Comment

Originally posted by Number45
                              And you didnt have to lower transmission rates?

I basically don't want to compromise internet speed just to play wifi!

Comment

Working...
                              X