Street Fighter Alpha 3 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Street Fighter Alpha 3 problems

on my old CRT TV SFA 3 on the DC was fine through RGB Scart - now, when I play it on my LCD TV the picture scrolls down the screen continuously. Upon doing some googling its seems SFA 3 should never have worked through RGB in the first place. Im really, really confused.

Is there a solution to that?

if not does the re-release of SFA 3 on the DC work through RGB?

thanks peeps

IIRC the JPN release did not work through RGB, but the PAL and JPN Matching Service version did.

Odd it would cause that though...

Comment

man im so confused - i might try DC-X cos my UK SFA 3 doesnt give me the 50/60 option running on my NTSC US DC...

Comment

Yeah 2 versions of SFZ/A3 do not work via RGB, but if I remember correctly, the game simply refuses to boot rather than providing a rolling picture when an RGB Scart is used.

Out of curiousity what version of the game are you using?

Also, what RGB cable were you using? Perhaps you were using one that had composite pins connected too (official UK RGB cable doesn't) and the picture you had on the old TV was actually composite?

Comment

UK PAL SFA 3, I think its an unnoficial DC Cable (worked on my old CRT Though) the old TV was deffo RGB....

Comment

ok well PAL SFA3 does support RGB as Shakey indicated earlier.

I'll admit that this does confuse me slightly. Is it just SFA3 that suffers from this rolling picture?

Comment

yeah its just SFA 3

Comment

Now that you mention it, I remember similar symptoms when I tried to play my JPN CardCaptor Sakura on my PAL machine.

Comment

Working...
                X