Looking for a VGA or KVM switch for my 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a VGA or KVM switch for my 360

Can anyone recommend me a switch that I could use for my 360/PC so I don't have to continuously swap round the VGA cables everytime I wanted to use one or the other?

this seems to be the sort of thing I would need and its cheap enough but I don't understand how it would connect - I don't think it works wirelessly.

Cheers.

I'm using a similar thing.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SWITCH-BOX-4-W...QQcmdZViewItem

Wires connect in the back. Works fine from my experience, no quality loss to speak of to my eyes.
    That said, you should always make sure to use decent VGA cables with this kind of thing. That's the main thing, as a crap VGA cable will ruin it.

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...subcat_uid=553

The Belkin Pro High Integrity range, for instance, seem decent.

Comment

I'm not sure how good my PC VGA cable is, but my 360 VGA is the Joytech one. How would a bad VGA cable ruin the unit?

Comment

The 360 only requires a VGA signal only so there's no need to dabble an actual KVM switch, as oppossed to just a VGA switch like the one in your link - the one in your link should do just fine, although I don't think it comes with any VGA cables, you'll need an extra one to attach to you monitor (just buy any old one for that imo).

If you're gonna buy an auto KVM switch though (if you have 2 or more pc's for example) make sure it has a manual switch option aswell between signals. Because if it requires a keyboard to switch between signals, it won't work because the moment you switch to the 360 you won't be able to switch back cos the 360 has no keyboard/mouse inputs.
        Last edited by Giga_Death; 31-12-2005, 02:57.

Comment

I am thinking of getting one of these as I jhate switching my monitor to my 360 all the time.

is it true we get quality loss in the picture and stuff?

Also are they that big? I thought it would be a small little thing like a vga Y adaptor to plug 2 in.

Can someone suggest a switch box or wha ever they are called for me plz.

I only have one PC and one 360.

Comment

Well I got one of those monitor switcher and 2 x male VGA cables on ebay. DC work fine, but I noticed there is white shadow ghosting effect near the text on PC, but if you don't look at the screen closely you can't see it. It might be cable not good enough.

Comment

Working...
            X