Sealed games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sealed games

If you buy a sealed game [usually retro], do you leave the seal on? Or rip it off and play the game?

There's a guy on eBay selling a JPN Daytona 2001 sealed, but every game he sells is 'sealed' so I think it might be a re-seal. Thoughts?

Originally posted by Distant Cousin
    If you buy a sealed game [usually retro], do you leave the seal on? Or rip it off and play the game?

There's a guy on eBay selling a JPN Daytona 2001 sealed, but every game he sells is 'sealed' so I think it might be a re-seal. Thoughts?

it might be that he is got a few DC games on the cheap from a warehouse. or that he got the games and downloaded a copy to keep the original sealed

Comment

Probably legit. Sealed Japanese DC games are ten-a-penny.

Comment

you could cut the top with a fine knife and play the game but keep the wrapping intact so to keep it mint

Comment

Nowadays,i've heard of people actually buying two copies of every game! Well the ones that can afford it anyway!

Comment

I think I bought that exact game sealed, iirc it looked genuine and untampered with. As Kubrick says, sealed JP DC games are everywhere.

Comment

Just play the damn game. I despair at people who insist on keeping their games sealed. Enjoy it, thats what its there for. Japanese manuels are great too, the effort and soul invested in making them is so much more evident than in their western counterparts. If youre really bothered keep it sealed and download/ create a backup

Comment

Good point!

Comment

Are you allowed to post the auction details/seller here ? He/she sounds familiar.

Comment

I think he can post a link to one his/her auctions on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Distant Cousin
                      Originally posted by The Glider
                      Are you allowed to post the auction details/seller here ? He/she sounds familiar.
                      He sounds familiar from the above description?

Originally posted by nightstalker100
                      Just play the damn game. I despair at people who insist on keeping their games sealed. Enjoy it, thats what its there for. Japanese manuels are great too, the effort and soul invested in making them is so much more evident than in their western counterparts. If youre really bothered keep it sealed and download/ create a backup
                      Good work my man, let's start up another one of those why/how do you collect your games?-type posts, it must be that time again right?

Comment

Maybe he wants a new copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Il Postino
                          He sounds familiar from the above description?

Good work my man, let's start up another one of those why/how do you collect your games?-type posts, it must be that time again right?
                          Sorry that i haven't hung around these boards as much as you to know that these threads are periodic not that i was trying to incite such a debate anyway, but obviously you misunderstood

Comment

I tend to avoid sealed games, and go for games that are merely in 'very good condition'. That way I know I'll play it instead of muling over the next few weeks as to if I should unseal it.

Comment

Working...
                            X