PS2 Online with chipped system + other questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 Online with chipped system + other questions

I did a search for this, but still have some questions.

I understand that i can play online with a chipped system and play online with games of the same region as the PS2.
    I take it that Sony can't recognise or check if there's mod chip fitted when ur logged on?

I set up my online settings with my slimline PS2. If i decided i wanted to use the fat PS2 for online would i just need to swap the Memory Card that i saved all my settings etc on and a network adaptor?

I also have a Jap PS2 that's chipped as well. I take it i'd need to have the Jap version of the Network Access disk and be able to speak fluent japanese (LOL) to be able to play online fighting games such as NeoGeo Battle Coliseum etc, cus i'm busting for some online 2d fistacuffs

It's rather tricky. You cannot go online on a chipped machine when the mod is turned on as the machine will fail the DNAS encryption check.

Most modchips have a disable function for online play though, and you can still play the few online games that don't use DNAS.
    You can, however, use an app to extract the DNAS codes from your game, patch your game and burn it to DVDR. This is more work than simply turning the modchip off though.

FYI, I cannot play my US Resident Evil Outbreak online on my modded PAL machine.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply

Comment

Originally posted by spinpug666
        I set up my online settings with my slimline PS2. If i decided i wanted to use the fat PS2 for online would i just need to swap the Memory Card that i saved all my settings etc on and a network adaptor?
        When I got myself a slimline PS2 (when the disc read errors became too frequent) I had to create new settings.

Comment

Working...
        X