jap dreamcast games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jap dreamcast games

i was wondering if anybody knows of the jap games that wont play through a rgb scart on a pal machine.so far gigawing is the only game that ive found that wont,gigawing2,ikaruga and border down all play fine.im currently looking to get a jap dreamcast to cure this problem but was looking for a list of games to avoid in the mean time.all advice welcome.thanks

SF Zero 3,Super Street fighter 2x and Vampire Chronicle.

SF Zero 3 for matching service will play though. The region of DC is irrelevant,its because your using rgb.

Comment

Yep, the best you can do with them is run them in S-Video which gives a pretty crappy picture.

Comment

another 2 for the collection is:

gigawing and sports jam

they will run but they keep on resetting themself and starting again

Comment

excuse my ignorance but i have just started with the dreamcast,retro time,when i get a jap dreamcast will gigawing play through the scart or just the ordinary rf cable.thanks for the quick replies

Comment

Same as on your UK DC. Through the rf,s-video,or vga only. No rgb(scart).

Comment

Super street fighter 2x will play through vga if you dont mind an uber pixellated image (i quite like it myself). Same for alpha 3 but vampire chronicle is probably teh most recalcitrant game out there - no rgb, no vga even with swap trick, just lousy s video and even lousier composite and even lousier rf.
              There is another way however. Buy vampire chronicle then either make an iso or download one of the game (thus not breaking the law), most isos have a patch that enables them to be played in scart mode.

By the way i'm pretty neutral on the whole piracy issue and did'nt want to suggest you go d/loading games if you didnt own the original in case you got offended.

Comment

sorry for being dumb but when i tried to play gigawing using a dcx disc through the rf cable the picture justs rolls,will using a jap dreamcast cure this or is it the tv thats the problem.tv is only about 2 years old,but has no 60 hz switching.hope i make sense.cheers

Comment

A jpn DC wont cure it unfortunately mate.

Jpn Gigawing,as far as i know,only likes VGA.

A PAL copy is your best bet.

Comment

Working...
                  X