live oroblems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

live oroblems

i have just got broad band again after moving house, it is ntl, as they are the only one in the area. i tried play sf 3 this morning and every match starts fine then drops out stating that the connection has been physically terminated. which makes me look like a complete cock.
    what i want to know is; could my cable be faulty although it has been fine ever since i started using it, or could it be ntl being sods? oh and one other thing, is there a lengh where ethernet looses the signal as the cable im using is ten metres long?

cheers

Originally posted by concretesnail
    i have just got broad band again after moving house, it is ntl, as they are the only one in the area. i tried play sf 3 this morning and every match starts fine then drops out stating that the connection has been physically terminated. which makes me look like a complete cock.
    what i want to know is; could my cable be faulty although it has been fine ever since i started using it, or could it be ntl being sods? oh and one other thing, is there a lengh where ethernet looses the signal as the cable im using is ten metres long?

cheers
    I have NTL aswell, and sometimes, not so much now, the internet used to cut out randomly. Sometimes this would only be for a few seconds, other times I had to unplug and replug the modem to get it to work again. That hasn't happened for over a year though.

NTL are sods however and sometimes they change your IP adress. They charge extra for a static IP but most people I know were able to talk them out charging for it. I dont belive this is a problem if you connect via a PC though.

I use a ten meter lead with my 360 when I play downstairs and never had a problem with cut outs. Some one did tell me there is signal degradation but I havn't seen that myself.

Comment

cheers for the post its a great help.
      i will give it another bash, before i bash ntl over it. hopefully it was just a freak occurrance. soon will add the router and get the live up and running without sharing it with my girlie and her ebay fixation.

Comment

Working...
      X