New Motherboard & CPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Motherboard & CPU

Can anyone reccomend a decent m'board & CPU - I've been using this crappy pentium 3 for ages & it's driving me nuts.

I don't want a mega top of the range & since it's been about 10 years since I've put together a computer I'm a bit rusty with the latest technology etc.

However having said that at some stage I'll want to use it as a kind of HTPC - stream video music etc to an xbox 360 whenever I get one. I will be also getting a nex gfx card at some point so it will have to be able to cope with this.

Any suggestions would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks!

Go AMD. Get an nForce 4 mother board (supports socket 939) and you'll be future proof if you wanna upgrade the CPU in the future or add a meaty graphics card.

Intel are lagging behind at the moment, in my opinion. The AMD 64bit chips are much faster.

Comment

depending on yer cash i would be tempted to get a PCI-E board just now and a bog standard PCI-E to keep you going

Theres no point upgrading your mobo to one thats still agp as PCI-E is the future and will future proof your system, especially if your board supports SLI

Comment

Working...
      X