Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farmer Component Splitters

Anyone on here use/got one?

Just wondered if you have noticed any signal loss through it,specifically on the 360?

X-Box and PS2 seem fine (as i posted in HaHa's wanted thread) but then i fired up the 360 today and the screen has 'pulses' through it,for want of a better explanation,like 'waves'.

BTW im using it on a Panny LCD.

I've not personally experienced any disconcernable loss. Many people have claimed it caused the 'shadowing' on the letters on the 360 dashboard to become worse. Having gone VGA a long time ago, I've not checked this.

You won't find a better splitter without paying ?50+, lets put it that way.

Comment

Does it only happen in 720p and 1080i modes?

Comment

Concept is the person to ask. I think he said the shadow disappeared in 1080i mode.

Comment

Do you need to buy component cable from this to TV ?

can I use composite cables as I already have them as it seem to me it is similar to component cable not sure though.

I bought one on ebay and it should arrive tomorrow.

Comment

The switch box has a Component cable built in. Unfortunately you cannot exchange this for your own (unless you fancy some wire splicing...).

Comment

I have the 360 left in 720p,and it happens all the time. Haven't tried 480p or 1080i since getting it (the farmer).

Comment

Just a guess Nick, but it might not support the HD modes (720p & 1080i). Check it on 480p and see if its the same.

Comment

Thats it mate. You are a genius.

So it only works in 480p. Have you noticed this Shakey?

Comment

I was using 720p quite regular on this device, for the the 360 and XBox with no complaints... but the shadowing never actually bothered me.

Does the shadowing occur when not using the switcher?

Comment

Didn't know that it doesn't support the HD modes , kind of like the Joytech AV Centre 1 where people used it as a component splitter using the composite inputs.

Does your telly have VGA input?

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
                        I was using 720p quite regular on this device, for the the 360 and XBox with no complaints... but the shadowing never actually bothered me.

Does the shadowing occur when not using the switcher?

Its not shadowing,it just looks like plain old interference,like rippling. I do have vga in,yes,currently taken up by the DC.

Amazing the difference when going back to 480p,from 720p.

However once playing you dont really notice it,most noticeable on the dash.

Comment

Shakey,would you recommend vga over component? (more expense!)

Comment

Don't get that issue tbh =/

I have no problems with 720p on the splitter, bar the aforementioned shadowing which some people say happens even without the splitter.

I am a big fan of VGA connection and would always recommend it over Component, personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Pavey
                              Shakey,would you recommend vga over component? (more expense!)
                              I'd recommend VGA, very nice and much better than component on my set.

Comment

Working...
                              X