Cheap DVD player recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap DVD player recommendations

Hi, I'm after a cheap DVD player ( sub ?50.00 ) and was looking for some recommendations. It's only going to be connected to a standard TV so nothing special port wise, just a couple of scarts.

Maybe the ability to play Div-X and DVD's which I have burnt myself.

Thanks

Take a look on here - divxplayers

It's a few quid over budget, but I just got this one from Amazon - Philips

Comment

I think asda have a DVD player that has been given 4 stars by a couple of mags like What HiFi and stuff.

?40 I do beleive

Comment

Originally posted by Garf
        Take a look on here - divxplayers

Thats pretty nice actually, im gonna see if my unit in the living room would handle that, impressive amount of formats it handles

Comment

This player gives a pretty decent performance for the price - I bought one for the bedroom, the only real downside to it is the On/Off is a switch on the unit rather than a relay, so you can't put it into stand-by via the remote.

Limit's Web Site
          Last edited by MartyG; 10-01-2006, 15:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Garf
            i've got one of those, lovely and slim but wiiiiiiiiide. not that it bothers me as it's a fantastic dvd player which'll run practically anything including divx. picture quality on it is also superb. and will also do multi region with a bit of fiddling.

Comment

Another vote for the Limit. I'd avoid Phillips DVD players personally as i've had nothing but problems with the previous 2 i had.

Comment

That Limit player is roxxor for the money - it's played discs that my ?600 Panny player spat out in contempt or ski-ii-pp-ed through.

Only downside is no DivX.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Gear
                  I'd avoid Phillips DVD players personally as i've had nothing but problems with the previous 2 i had.
                  It's the first one I've bought from Philips, so fingers crossed it's Ok. It's only a 2nd player for the bedroom, so I am not expecting too much.

Gotta say though, that Limit player is cracking value for money at the price

The only thing about most current DVD players (the Philips above included) is that they wont play Divx\Xvids that have a packed bitstream without stuttering. Most episodes of shows from the states have a packed bitstream, but this can be removed with something like mpeg4modifier.

The only brands I know of that play packed bitstream natively are LG\Targa (Targa are rebranded LG's) and Yamadas.

it's something to do with a lot of DVD players using a MediaTek chipset or something...

Comment

Working...
                  X