Interference through RF lead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interference through RF lead?

I've noticed that I'm getting interference through my aerial lead (RF) when I'm using the SCART socket on my TV - I can hear faint audio from the RF when I'm watching a DVD etc. Does anyone know how to stop this? It's a new TV, but I've only just noticed this problem.

Try something like this and clip one onto both of the cables, should cut out some interference

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...RRITE&doy=10m1

Comment

The problem cable is from the aerial on the roof to the back of the TV, but I'll try connecting one of those to the end that plugs into the TV, ta

Comment

It might be that the Aerial cable is too close to a non sheilded scart and the signal is 'leaking through" You could just try wrapping some tinfoil around the cables

Comment

I have this problem too and have to yank the RF sometimes on DVDs with low volume (most of them!!).

Comment

if tin foil etc doesn't work you can always acquire some tip top quality shielded coax... about ?2.50 a metre usually.

Comment

Thanks for the advice chaps. Turns out that the SCART lead to the DVD player was a little loose. Oops

Comment

Originally posted by Jashin
                Thanks for the advice chaps. Turns out that the SCART lead to the DVD player was a little loose. Oops
                QED Squarts will solve that problem!

Comment

Working...
                X