BeThere.co.uk - 24MB Broadband launched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BeThere.co.uk - 24MB Broadband launched

Check it out - says this will be available for me in April this year - not read any T&Cs yet but 24MB isnt too shabby

I wonder why they feel the need to put their public website in a secure domain...
    ?24/month is bloody good, and it seems I can get it but I wonder how long the company will last.

Comment

it says my local exchange should be enabled in feb 2006 but i doubt it

Comment

24meg is sweet yes.

I'm finding on even 10mb though that other servers I'm requesting data from can't cope with my demand. I've had a couple of insane download speeds at times however most normally peak at 300k per sec.

As for Live! - I've yet to notice a difference from when I was on 1.5mb, then 2mb, then 3mb.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
          I'm finding on even 10mb though that other servers I'm requesting data from can't cope with my demand. I've had a couple of insane download speeds at times however most normally peak at 300k per sec.
          Such is the problem, really. There won't be any damn difference to your connection if the server you're connecting to limits the speed of each person who connects. It's great for peer to peer though, or torrents, but I rarely do either.

Comment

True. Once you get beyond a couple of megabits per sec. the difference is minimal. In Japan we can get 100MB Fibre Optic but I can't see the point unless the content is there to justify it.

Comment

100mb Fibre Optic? I've never even heard of that before...

But relating to my HD TV rant in the other thread - the only way hosting servers will upgrade their equipment is if everyone hammers them with gigs and gigs of requests. They will then upgrade and everyone will be happy downloading at 10megs per second until they release some insane tech that enables 1gb broadband on the public.

Over here - people are happy with what's on their plate. They don't care about fast internet, or good picture quality, or sitting down all day getting fat.

Comment

100mb Fibre Optic? I've never even heard of that before...
                Yep, my brother in law has a meagre 75mb per sec connection.

Comment

^^ Jesus Christ 8)

24meg is sweet yes.

As for Live! - I've yet to notice a difference from when I was on 1.5mb, then 2mb, then 3mb.
                  Dave - The only way to maximise your 10mb bandwidth is to use newsgroups - costs a small amount of cash but I download constantly at 1.2mb/sec (rough 1100k/sec) - It is INSANE and you never look back.

I had a grin on my face for weeks looking at 16 gigs worth of data queued and seeing the 3.5 hour ETA

Comment

I'm moving very soon (hopefully next wedsday) to an area that has Be now. I'm definitely going to get it. So in a couple of weeks I'll be posting impressions.

Not only is it 24meg download, it is 1.3meg upload -which as any Live user will know is much more important.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK

I had a grin on my face for weeks looking at 16 gigs worth of data queued and seeing the 3.5 hour ETA
                      heh!!

Comment

Originally posted by Soi
                        I'm moving very soon (hopefully next wedsday) to an area that has Be now. I'm definitely going to get it. So in a couple of weeks I'll be posting impressions.

Not only is it 24meg download, it is 1.3meg upload -which as any Live user will know is much more important.
                        Even if I could get it I'm signed up with NTL for another 10 months now.

It's not too bad - they've given me 3 months free of charge because I kicked off over it taking 4 weeks to install properly, then they cut me off again a week later for no reason. It was ace that.

Comment

My Be connection was activated this morning, and I set it up just before I worked. The new Lost episode downloaded in the time it took to brush my teeth...

Comment

I was pissed when i entered into this thing last year i got told Feb so i signed up, i then got told yesterday via a very rude phone call that my exchange now wont be active until August, giving that my exchange is in a city centre im gutted

Comment

I understand why you are annoyed. Where I used to live I couldn't get anything higher than 2meg, even though all the exchanges around me were at least 8meg. I've recently moved to an exchange that had Be, so I'm lucky I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X