Uk Snes games on jpn SFC How?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uk Snes games on jpn SFC How?

As uk snes games are cheap and easy to find i was wondering if there is a way that they can be played on a japanese super famicom, but without using converter carts/adapters? Thanks in advance.

You can fit a switch to turn the lock out chip on/off.
    Or you can just lift the pin to permantly disable it, however some of the very last games will not run then, but only a handful and mainly RPGs and you are not likely to get that upset about not being able to play Jap RPGs?

Comment

How can i permenently disable the lockout switch? Any links? And if i do that i can play all uk/jpn games bar the very late releases is that correct?

Comment

You need to lift pin 4 off the chip below, it is next to the reset switch on the top of the board.
        The pins are labled.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by gIzzE; 12-01-2006, 16:35.

Comment

Not wanting to sound thick, but i just bend up pin no.4 and thats it? After ive done that will uk snes games run at 60hz ? Or still in boarded 50hz? And will they play in english or japanese?Thanks very much for your help so far,your a top man:-)

Comment

Yeah.

You need to heat the pin with a soldering iron, and then with a needle lift it slowly away from the board, be carful though as they can snap easily.

When that pin recives 5v or more the lockout chip is active, when it is ground (or has 0v going to it) it is inactive and allows you to play 99% of games.
            If you add a switch you can solder one wire to the pin you have lifted, and solder this to the centre pin of the switch, then solder one side to ground and the other side to where the internal fuse is.

You can then switch between lockout on/off.

You may need to snap the lock out tabs as well to get an english cart to fit, just do this with some pliers.

It will run all games at 60Hz, if you want to add a 50/60hz switch that is another easy mod to do.

Comment

Depends what you want to play. What did you want to play?

Comment

Working...
              X