A few questions about the Q and PS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few questions about the Q and PS2

1. Both the Pana Q and PS2 don't have progressive dvd-players I assume, right?

2. With the QooB mod chip it's possible to force progressive scan on all games. I've heard various stories about it working and not working, so I'd like some input on that

3. Does the PS2 also has a mod chip for progressive scan?

4. The Q dvd player doesn't output component either? (just like RGB)

Originally posted by Shadow_Zero
    1. Both the Pana Q and PS2 don't have progressive dvd-players I assume, right?

2. With the QooB mod chip it's possible to force progressive scan on all games. I've heard various stories about it working and not working, so I'd like some input on that

3. Does the PS2 also has a mod chip for progressive scan?

1. The newer PS2's (V9 and above) have a Progessive Scan DVD Player. This is all the slimline ones, and the old-style ones with the built-in remote sensor.

2. Some games work, some do not. I reckon it's worth going for, as almost all the best PAL games are compatible Saves rebuying your collection. Plus you get region free without a boot disc.

3. Not yet. Matrix and O2 have a Force VGA mode though.

4. *doesn't know*

Comment

Oh really, all slimline PS2 have progressive scan? That accounts for both the PAL and NTSC version?
      Nifty, though the dvd-player isn't that good

Comment

AFAIK, this is correct. I had a Q and component cable in my posession, but being so lazy, I didn't even try it

Comment

I assume the PS2 slimline only outputs 480p and not 720p and/or 1080i right?

Comment

4) Yeah, the DVD player on the Q is S-Video at best.

Comment

Do I need to do something specific to boot a dvd in progressive scan with the PS2 slimline, or if it's hooked up with a component cable it does it automatically?

And I've read various stories about the PAL Gamecube supporting progressive scan (with NTSC games and freeloader). Is this possible or not?
              Last edited by Shadow_Zero; 16-01-2006, 09:19.

Comment

And another question, is the Play Asia YPbPr Power Box any good?
                see: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...nt-70-3cb.html

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
                  1. The newer PS2's (V9 and above) have a Progessive Scan DVD Player. This is all the slimline ones, and the old-style ones with the built-in remote sensor.
                  I've got the scph-70004 unit with driver 1.11.
                  I've read somewhere units from scph-70012 have progressive scan, so just wondering if you're 100% certain if all slimlines can support progressive scan (I have the YUV option in the menu in any case).

Comment

I've got the scph-70004 unit with driver 1.11.
                    I've read somewhere units from scph-70012 have progressive scan, so just wondering if you're 100% certain if all slimlines can support progressive scan (I have the YUV option in the menu in any case).
                    Its only Progressive scan on NTSC discs, so its almost entirely pointless.

Comment

Uhm... I was talking about the dvd-player function!
                      I also read some ppl talking about "turning progressive scan on in the dvd menu", but that is something I don't have, or does it turn up when hooking up a component cable?

Comment

*bump*

And, should I go for a 3rd party PS2 component cable from Play-Asia or the official one?

Comment

Why do people put bump.? Surely the type is enough.

Comment

Cause I just wanted to bump but then put another question there after it
                            Come on peepz, I know you can give me answers!

Comment

Working...
                            X