editing 'my music' link destination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

editing 'my music' link destination

on the right of the start bar in windows xp you have the shorcut to My Music, My Documents, My Pictures etc.

Is it possible to relocate the destination of the link to somewhere else instead of inside 'X:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Pictures'

I want to click on My Music and be diverted to d:\My Music\

TweakUI Powertoy from Microsoft.

Comment

or just right click , choose new toolbar and make ones that point straight to your folders

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzla
        TweakUI Powertoy from Microsoft.
        I can't seem to fix it with tweakui, could you give me a little more guidance?

Originally posted by EvilBoris
        or just right click , choose new toolbar and make ones that point straight to your folders.
        don't mean to be an*l or anything but i just want to relocate the location of a folder in the top right side of the start bar. Can't believe MS made it so hard!

I can add custom folders to the top left side of the start bar but for some reason i can't do the same for the top right side of the start bar.

Comment

Can I just confirm?

You're not trying to change the directory that "My Music" points at (which TweakUI allows), but change the position it gets shown on the Start bar? Sorry, I don't think that part is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by mid
            Can I just confirm?

You're not trying to change the directory that "My Music" points at (which TweakUI allows), but change the position it gets shown on the Start bar? Sorry, I don't think that part is possible.
            i am trying to change where "my music" points at.
            hm... i can't seem to find the relevant tab in tweakui...

Comment

My Computer - Special Folders. My Music is one of the folders on the drop-down, then click 'Change Location'. Simple when you know where to look.

Comment

Originally posted by mid
                My Computer - Special Folders. My Music is one of the folders on the drop-down, then click 'Change Location'. Simple when you know where to look.

ah, thank you, all sorted now

Comment

Working...
                X